98 BMW M3

Guest expertint

Guest FastBackJack

Ive never done a BMW that the headrests do not come out . The older they get the harder they come out. Especially if they really never get used. Most if not all BMW's headrests just pull out. If I get one that doesnt want to, the best thing to do is pull it up as far as it will go. Grasp the post with both hands. Squeeze and pull up, while shaking the post back and forth. When you squeeze it will cause your hands to "swell" which will push off the top of the back seat as well and that will help.

I have fairly large hands and sometimes all I have to do is grab the post and squeeze. When my hands swell it just pops off. :dunno

:booga

Guest Litespeeds

Seems like the headrests on the 3 series are alot harder to remove than the 5 series. I usually get one hand between the rails holding the bottom of the headrest when it is on the lowest position and quickly lift it up and it comes right out.

Guest Litespeeds

Sometimes after removing them, it is kind of hard to get them back in. I would suggest to leave the headrests in on the 3 series and only remove the ones on the 5 series.

Archived