07 Z71 F. Strip

micro-edge

How are you guys doing the f.strip on the ones with the rain sensor on the glass for auto wipers? I was going to try and take the sensor off and tint it but opted to leave it with no strip on one. Could've cut around the matrix but it wouldn't have looked all that good. :thumb:thumb

I usually tell cutomers I won't do them either, but last week I had a guy insist, so I wrote on his invoice that if the sensor went bad or his windshield broke or something weird I was not liable and made him sign it. I actually just popped the cover off the sensor and the rearview mirror off, then tinted as normal, but cut around the sensor itself and the rearview button. I was very careful not to spray directly into the rainsensor. It was a little bit of a pain to get the strip into posistion, but it worked out great. He was happy, and so was my wallet, cause I charged him plenty :thumb

Also, the little tabs that stick out on the sensor to hold it's cover on are actually larger than the cutout hole in the tint, that's what makes it a pain to get into postion.

Archived