ppf installer checking out options

Guest petermoe

Guest petermoe

I live in Oregon rite now and work for someone I'm not proud of working for. I'm an upright person looking for a company that isn't willing to sacrifice integrity for the almighty buck.

I've been installing for two years and am fairly well known around portland for my quality. I install bulk because you can design a better kit free hand than you can buy.

I've been considering opening my own shop here but the guy I work for is underhanded and willing to go after me in court if I do. I know I would win, but it could riuin me for a small business. So, I'm looking to see what the scene is like in other states. I'm tired of the rain anyway and wouldn't mind a warmer climate.

So who is hiring and what do you pay? I do about three kits a day rite now and make about 75000 a year.

Guest Sidewinder
I do about three kits a day rite now and make about 75000 a year.

Back in the states after some time away :inot

Some quick math

75,000 / 252 days per year = 297 per day. 297 / 3 = 99 per kit

If by kit you mean hood then I would expect a pay cut on a per job basis as there isn't enough margin in any hood kit to pay an installer 99. If by kit you mean car them you are in the right ball park though I can't picture bulk fitting 3 complete cars per day.

If you are willing to make a leap of faith and are in a strong financial position why not just pick a city you want to be in and move? Then either work on your own or for somebody? No reward is without risk after all.

Guest petermoe

the most I've ever done in an eight hour day is five cars. I move fast and understand the material well. The only reason I'm down to three a day is because we hired a new guy and I've been training him while working. I'm no joke. The most difficult vehicle I've ever done is a 1965 shelby cobra. I hear guys talking about doing porsches all the time and seem as though they think that is a super difficult car to do. I install for the porsche club here and have a good reputation with them. Granted, bulk on certain cars like porsche, farrari, corvettes, and masserattis take longer for me, and one car can fill most of my day. I know I can make good money on my own. I am mostly here checking to see if there are any other good career moves for me at this point other than moving on as my own co.

Guest SIR TINTSALOT

it's always hard working for somebody that you don't see eye to eye with, thats why most of us have started our own shops. Good luck in whatever you decide.

Archived