to bulk or not to bulk...?

Guest signandtint

Guest signandtint

hello all

its been a while since I joined in on tintdude, just spotted the ppf forum back up and running, great to see it.

heres my situation.

I've run for a while with pre cut kits, ready cut from a supplier, and have also tried my hand at bulk which seems to be a much better fit,etc. where I am based there is very little knowledge of ppf let alone many at it, but along with tinting at dealerships I am begining to get the interest going again, as I backed away for approx. 12 months to concentrate on tint and vehicle wraps.

im ready to go full launch this time around, strike while the iron is hot and so on, but not keen on waiting for kits to arrive from supplier and get disappointed customers moaning about non exact fit etc etc. I never took any bulk training just kit training so im a bit nervous about going for it with bulk becos no doubt being a new idea here im gona get the audience.

would I be learning much more by flying out to the States and getting bulk training or just keep with the skills I learned for kit installs?

if so where would be the best to head for?

im in Florida over xmas period anywhere around that area?

it all may seem obvious to some of you guys on here but I like to get things spot on from day 1, first impressions count as they say

input most appreciated :thumb

Guest signandtint

thanks tintzeus

I gather from their site they do only pre cut kits? as I have already trained with a 3m centre here in pre-cuts, would I benefit much more in getting training solely based upon bulk install? I've been in the graphic/tinting business for 15 years now so im very aware of cutting paint etc, I understand the depth of knife pressure etc, but would the bulk training differ that much from pre cut training I already did a couple of years ago?

Guest XPEL Costas

Hello,

If you are indeed in England, contact Tom Wakeford at Paintshield (www.paintshield.co.uk for contact info) and I'm sure he will be happy to help you with information on whatever path you choose. He is a dealer for XPEL (I work for XPEL here in the states) and as such leans towards pre-cuts. He can outfit you with software and equipment to cut instantly at your shop so that you can immediately have whatever you need.

If you are in the USA, you can call me and I'll be happy to answer any questions you have.

Cheers

Paul Costas

XPEL Team

**disclaimer**

XPEL provides precut kits and also software to allow folks to cut their own kits remotely. Please be aware that all precuts are NOT the same and most all (from different design houses) don't install the same way. The design theory behind the kit will dictate how it is installed and that makes learning the theory on how the kit was designed to be installed VERY important. We have 5-day classes in San Antonio.

I have found that bulk is great. You have more flexibility and better coverage. Just have to be careful with trimming. Tempted to learn the kits for mass/wholesale install however. Thinking of going to expel for training...any thoughts?

I have found that bulk is great. You have more flexibility and better coverage. Just have to be careful with trimming. Tempted to learn the kits for mass/wholesale install however. Thinking of going to expel for training...any thoughts?

Drrrr Xpel, not expel. lol

Archived