Roland Slojet ProIII XC-540

toodark

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest tat2punk
why do they cost soo much money??

I am glad they cost that much. If not everyone and there brother would have one and it would be just like a cutter, you would be doing work dirt cheap.

I have had mine for about 6 months now, I have more than made enough to pay it off. I have not advertised or even put an open sign on my shop for the public yet. There is not enough time right now to get the shop ready for walk in business, its all word of mouth that is keeping me so busy.

Before buying a printer get good with photoshop or another program for graphics. Practice making a 4' x 20' Banner to size and see how your computer handles it. That is the biggest learning curve, getting big prints in good resolution. I have about 3k into my computer and am going to dump another grand into it so it is faster. I do alot of design work for larger banners for a local drag strip and they are very large files and the old computer could not handle it.

You bought the Pro III, tat? I was just wanting to know if the VP540 would be a better purchase than the XC-540? (I could save about 10Gs) I hoping to get the contract to print banners for a dental corporation. (They just need to see the quality of the print) They shop they have printing them now SUCKS, trust me I saw the banners.

Guest tat2punk
You bought the Pro III, tat? I was just wanting to know if the VP540 would be a better purchase than the XC-540? (I could save about 10Gs) I hoping to get the contract to print banners for a dental corporation. (They just need to see the quality of the print) They shop they have printing them now SUCKS, trust me I saw the banners.

No I bought a ValueJet.

I went and checked them all out at a place close to me that sells the rolands and value jets

I couldn't see much of a diference in quality of the prints. My big thing with the roland was that it was a combo deal, print and cut. I do alot of printing banners, while I am printing banners I can not be cutting the vinyl or the thermoflex that I use on t-shirts.

The thing about the ValueJet that I liked was that it was the least expensive to run, it has 4 inks instead of 6 like most of them have. Each ink cartridge cost $55, not bad, and they last along time. Printing is fast on the banner mode.

From what I have seen and checked out did not come down to the printer quality. Every solvent based printer I checked out made excellent prints. It comes down to the artwork and quality of the file that is sent to the printer.

Archived