Chevy Equinox

Guest FilmBlazer

Guest FilmBlazer

I have one coming in tomorrow. The customer just bought his second one of these. He wants to make the tint match the one he had before which he claims was a darker tint. Does anyone know what the difference in tint VLT's between models amounts to?

I was guessing that the VLT would be 18% on all of them, but I'm a flat glass guy! If anyone has any knowledge to share I would appreciate it.

FB

All of them are the same VLT tho? My custy swears the one of the high(er) end models has darker tint. Do some of the lower end models come with no tint?

you can get them with no tint. Def no changes in shades on factory tinted models.

I use OTI 22% and its spot on. Looks great.

All of them are the same VLT tho? My custy swears the one of the high(er) end models has darker tint. Do some of the lower end models come with no tint?

all Ive seen will be the same tint or no tint...no in betweens :beer

Heard about the recall on equinox glass yet? Supposedly, according to my local chevy dealer there is some kind of bulliten or recall on the equinox glass, it was not sealed properly at the factory. Don't know but maybe they switched the glass out.:beer Other than that I can't imagine any manufacturer using different levels of factory tint in the same car. Call your local glass repair company and ask if the offer different shades of replacement glass or just tinted/non tinted.

Guest FilmBlazer

Thats what I thought, thanks peeps. I wanted to tell the guy he's crazy when he was telling me on the phone. His car will come in this morning with no tint in the glass :nope:lol6

I will probably use Global HP20 or Llumar ATR20 :poke

you can get them with no tint. Def no changes in shades on factory tinted models.

I use OTI 22% and its spot on. Looks great.

You like that OTI eh? Maybe I should try some :nope

Thats what I thought, thanks peeps. I wanted to tell the guy he's crazy when he was telling me on the phone. His car will come in this morning with no tint in the glass :nope:lol6

I will probably use Global HP20 or Llumar ATR20 :poke

You like that OTI eh? Maybe I should try some :nope

OTI is good stuff :nope

Archived