getting over 1,000 emails a day

Since last Thursday I have been getting over a thousand emails a day. Some want to make things bigger but most seem to be mail that is bouncing back from servers or something. It is a yahoo account but I hate to change it. Has anyone else had this happen all at once or does anyone know how to make it stop. I tried to find a way to report it to yahoo but they make it hard to understand…………….. HELP!!

You could get a Gmail account and forward your yahoo mail to it. Gmail is hard to beat when it comes to spam filtering. Very few false-positives, which is important.

When you say messages bounce back, do you mean that spam is bouncing back to you, as if you were the one that sent it? If so, that's called a joe-job, when a spammer uses your address as the sender.

Unless someone hates you and did it to you on purpose, it's probably just random. It happens to someone just about every time a spammer hits send.

You could get a Gmail account and forward your yahoo mail to it. Gmail is hard to beat when it comes to spam filtering. Very few false-positives, which is important.

When you say messages bounce back, do you mean that spam is bouncing back to you, as if you were the one that sent it? If so, that's called a joe-job, when a spammer uses your address as the sender.

Unless someone hates you and did it to you on purpose, it's probably just random. It happens to someone just about every time a spammer hits send.

how long does it last?

how long does it last?

That's pretty much up to the spammer and how they do things. If their list is huge and gets spread out over severals days, it could take a while. Plus, they can only send so many before the ISP shuts them down, so ISP-hopping can slow them down a little.

There could even be some mail servers that try delivering it for a few days before bouncing it back... so you could still get some trickling in, even after he's done.

If it was someone targeting you specifically, then they could drag it out and use it all the time.

I'm not sure if you can use it with yahoo (can with your own domain, though), but some (not free) mail hosting services like tuffmail.com have settings where you can choose to block fake bounces.

But if you're set on using that address, forwarding to a Gmail account would probably be the easiest thing to do. Even once the attack ends, Gmail is still way better than Yahoo at blocking spam.

You could also start using the gmail address if you decide to, and gradually phase out your old one, while still letting it forward to you so you don't miss anything important.

Guest mhun9180

That's what happened to me today. Hope it goes away :rollin

Since last Thursday I have been getting over a thousand emails a day. Some want to make things bigger but most seem to be mail that is bouncing back from servers or something. It is a yahoo account but I hate to change it. Has anyone else had this happen all at once or does anyone know how to make it stop. I tried to find a way to report it to yahoo but they make it hard to understand…………….. HELP!!

TOP 3

1. pen!s enlargment

2. V!AGRA

3. Billions from Nigeria

Archived