Need advice for a first time comercial job

I know ZERO about flat glass and would like some help. If its better to PM me then thats cool too.

I have a friend that owns a very large bar/dance club. For the past few years I've only done vinyl & banners for him but now he's deciding to get all the windows on the front of his club tinted Limo. He knows I do cars so he asked me to give him a quote.

#1. I know I can't use the same film.

#2. What film should I use? Brand & shade? He wants it to be very difficult to see in but easy to see out.

#3. This might need a PM, but what should I charge? Yes I know its what the market bears, but I have no idea what "average" rates are for flat glass in my area are. And its not like I can call the local tint shop and say, "Hey whats your price per sq ft on commercial windows?"

#4. I'm assuming theres really not much difference when doing flat glass if you can automotive tint right?

Thanks for the help :twocents

Guest markmr1956

I would suggest that you hook up with a FG installer in your area and split the profit with him to help you do the install. You'll be able to learn quick and get back to your shop where you can make some $$$.

Guest darkdan

Optitune 5% or 15% from HanitaTEK.

Should be safe for just about anything as long as it's not high elevation (over 2000 feet) and larger than 40 square feet (dual pane).

Guest Fly Paper

Try Suntek S-15. It's easy to work with and mirrored out with dye on the inside so it cuts heat and light and is usually safe unless you have a partial shading issue or the glass is old plate glass.

Archived