Interesting discussion - Could local laws against window tinting be f

Guest NoTint

my view on the tint law is its crap.....cause you could have no tint on a car and still hide a weapon down low or in a console so its crap that they say they cant see ya besides if you cant see through 20 or 35 % films you must be half blind :thumb:beer:hmmm:hmmm:hmmm:twocents:foot:lol:DD:poop:foot:beer:hmmm:lol:DD:poop:poop:poop:poop

Guest tintgod

I want to know why tint is getting all this crap about not being able to see in ..when all this vehicle wrap stuff goes over the window and you cant see in with that crap either..or they going to ban that sheit too.. :thumb

Guest Key West

This needs to be in the proper forum, but with that said, Tint laws have everything to do with generating revenue, NOT officer/public safety. Tint limits are set at a level JUST above the level desired by the average consumer, thus tempting an otherwise law abiding citizen to violate in order to get a reasonable level of tint. I do NOT advocate 5%. But what a person can or cannot safely see out of is an individual thing. I used to be ok during the day with 5%, but those days are LONG gone. 15 to 20% (with an annual eye exam) should be the legal limit (IF it were legal for the gov't to even set a limit, which it's not)

Do a google search on:

The RIGHT to drive unhindered

Red light cameras

Speed traps

You will see that it is PLAINLY illegal/unconstitutional for gov't to set regulations that are designed to generate revenue rather than address a public safety issue. Purple bubbled and distorted film is a real safety issue. They aren't addressing that, Most all states have a "following too close" law on the books. They aren't enforcing that either. There are hundreds of things that could be addressed concerning public safety, but most would generate little or no revenue for the state.

I want to know why tint is getting all this crap about not being able to see in ..when all this vehicle wrap stuff goes over the window and you cant see in with that crap either..or they going to ban that sheit too.. :lol2

YEAH WHAT HE SAID :lol2:cool:lol2

Guest Key West

If any one is interested, these links are pretty dry reading, being justice opinions, legal citations and all, but they clearly show that our rights are being trampled. The governments intrusion on our RIGHT to drive (NOT a privelege) is unconstitutional. Requiring a drivers license is unconstitutional. Even the requirement to have insurance is unlawful (although it IS the prudent thing to do). The government has NO RIGHT to regulate us in our vehicles in any manner, way, shape or form.

http://teamliberty.net/id18.html

http://www.the7thfire.com/Politics%20and%2...ivingRight.html

http://www.arkenterprises.com/ritepriv.htm

I just wish that someone would jump on that forum and point out that there is a difference between "window tint" and "dark windows"

I'm not going to register, but I see darkdan is a member. someone point out that NOT ALL TINT IS DARK.

in PA, you can be cited for 50% on any window of a passenger car. that is flippin' BS right there.

nine times out of ten, with 50% you can't even TELL the window is tinted.

50% does not reduce visibility in ANY light conditions. all 50% does is reduce glare. but it's illegal in PA because of blanket misconceptions that all tinted windows are dark.

yeah, I'd /like/ to tint darker than 50, but I'll take anything over what I've got now.

I have 5% tint all the way around--I also have a medical exemption that exempts me from the tint laws. I also have enough respect for not only my safety but the officers safety if I am stopeed to roll my drivers window down and don't make sudden moves--common sense stuff. I was recently stopped in Las Vegas for being "suspicious"; once I showed them the medical exemption I was on my way. The cops have it hard out there while serving and protecting you and I--least I can can is show a little respect and courtesy. Be safe

Guest Key West

Some numbnutz stated that the gov't pays for the highways/roads. Forgetting all the while that the taxpayer financed the roads, and those roads are there for public use, owned by the public. COMMERCE and commercial vehicles that make money in transport are a different story.

It's been upheld in several state supreme courts that the public has a CONSTITUTIONAL right to drive, and use the public roads and highways of our country, and the gov't CANNOT abrogate a constitutional right, nor can you "waive" your rights as you do when you sign your "license" to drive. You can "waive" all the rights you want to, and simply by demanding them, they are restored. No gov't can require you to give up rights, they can bully/coerce you into believing they can, but they cannot. But if left unchecked, common usage can become law. WE are letting them screw us, and smiling while it's happening.

Archived