Interesting discussion - Could local laws against window tinting be f

Guest NoTint

Guest BLACKOUT SoKal

without reading any of those links or even half the posts all I can say is you want to drive on public roads then "the government" can do whatever they want :evileye what can you do but buy a heli, but then again they are more strict on air traffic than the ground so I guess go buy a bike :tantrum

Guest banfam55
without reading any of those links or even half the posts all I can say is you want to drive on public roads then "the government" can do whatever they want :beer what can you do but buy a heli, but then again they are more strict on air traffic than the ground so I guess go buy a bike :poke

Concidering what the topic is..You must be high..Take another hit! :beer

Or pull your head out.You gotta read to post.Or let me geuss your in ur :heli:

Yea man saftey.If you cant see.You cant drive.Laws do need enforcment.

Guest goldtooth
dont get me started on that crap.. :lol2:thumb ...I totaly agree

:lol2 ,have you guys ever sat in a car with bubbled up,discolored,peeling off type tint,you cant see :lol2 ... 50%/35% in any good brand tint does not hinder visibility .. :beer

Guest Key West
without reading any of those links or even half the posts all I can say is you want to drive on public roads then "the government" can do whatever they want :spit what can you do but buy a heli, but then again they are more strict on air traffic than the ground so I guess go buy a bike :lol2

ANOTHER been nowhere, seen nothing, knows everything!!! Why did you not read the info in the links? Could it be that you MIGHT be wrong? You just spout out a rebuttal there with no back up statistics/facts. A little reading and education goes a long way, ESPECIALLY when it comes to matters concerning your rights as an american, and the Gov'ts efforts to strip them from you. But you are right in one respect, the gov't CAN do whatever it likes whenever people like you will just lay down and say "OK, this time, no lube!!" Laws are made by either Congressional action, Court descisions, or a less commonly known method...Common useage. If something is in effect for enough time, it carries the effect of law. By not contesting these issues, we are saying that it's ok for them to screw us. The requirement to have a drivers liscense is a prime example. OIt is unconstitutional for one to be required to have a liscense to drive. But that has been in common useage for so long, it has the effect of law, and has been enacted into law in most jurisdictions. But it started out just as a state by state requirement, with no REAL legal basis. We let them do that to us.

The civil and constitutional rights we speak of are what made us americans to begin with. It's what made america different from the rest of the world. The "terrorists" (And I use the term loosely, 'cuz they aint just Islam or Al Qaeda, they could be ANYONE the gov't labels as such) have won in that respect. They did America in. They forced us to change. This is NOT the USA that our founding fathers envisioned. But Hey............It's your world now, I'm on the downhill side of things. If you don't care, why the hell should I? :lol2

I bet you watch alot of MTV, CSI, and other drivel. When was the last time you watched that "boring" crap on C-Span? The stuff that affects you on a daily basis? And yes, it DOES affect you. :lol2:dunno

This needs to be in the proper forum, but with that said, Tint laws have everything to do with generating revenue, NOT officer/public safety. Tint limits are set at a level JUST above the level desired by the average consumer, thus tempting an otherwise law abiding citizen to violate in order to get a reasonable level of tint. I do NOT advocate 5%. But what a person can or cannot safely see out of is an individual thing. I used to be ok during the day with 5%, but those days are LONG gone. 15 to 20% (with an annual eye exam) should be the legal limit (IF it were legal for the gov't to even set a limit, which it's not)

Do a google search on:

The RIGHT to drive unhindered

Red light cameras

Speed traps

You will see that it is PLAINLY illegal/unconstitutional for gov't to set regulations that are designed to generate revenue rather than address a public safety issue. Purple bubbled and distorted film is a real safety issue. They aren't addressing that, Most all states have a "following too close" law on the books. They aren't enforcing that either. There are hundreds of things that could be addressed concerning public safety, but most would generate little or no revenue for the state.

don't get me going :beer I'm with you :beer

Archived