whats the best type of cloth...

Guest Revolution

Guest Revolution

what do you guys recommend to use as a pre clean cloth on the paintwork prior to application of PPF? I use isopropanol to clean/degrease but find cloth and paper scratchy on the paint, any recomendations?

thansk in advance :spit

what do you guys recommend to use as a pre clean cloth on the paintwork prior to application of PPF? I use isopropanol to clean/degrease but find cloth and paper scratchy on the paint, any recomendations?

thansk in advance :spit

If you can find bag of rags, it's left over t shirt scraps, they work the best with light cars. For black and blue cars I use blue waffle weave micofiber towels. I like CRL's foaming glass cleaner to get off the dirt and follow up with a 60/40 mix of isoproply and water.

Guest qatinstaller

We like using the CCP industries Blue towels both in prep and wrapping the towel around the hard card, it is a soft towel similar to a shop towel without the fibers, super absorbent, and doesnt scratch the film. Also a microfiber towel works well but are expensive. Baby diapers are a good idea too.

Guest socalkid

I use 2 micro-fibers 1 for prepping and the other for clean up. And a broken in shirt that was cut and rubber banded to my hard card to protect it from scratching as well as act as an absorbent.

I find broken in shirts are great for minimizing lint & other contaminants.

:poop

I use microfibre cloth to get the bugs and crud off then just before I apply the film I spray and squegee the surface getting protected to make sure all lint/hairs/etc are gone.

So the last thing to touch the surface of that car is my squegee (a lot like tinting)

:tantrum

Archived