Need a qualified 3M Installer in the Northern Virginia Area

Guest qatinstaller

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
thats ok, 15 years ago when we saw the ppf material our keen business sense said THIS WILL NEVER CATCH ON!!!! now we are doing an average of 6 cars a day! oh well live and learn

said the same thing in 97. This addition to the tint bizz was a smart move. 5 retail jobs a week means real deal $$$. If your doing 6 a day your the man. It takes me 1.5 hours to prep a nose for a flawless install on a 3 week old car. :jerkit

White car...yea....tar and bug juice..... :lol2 ....ok so worst possible scenario........ :jerkit

but why buff the paint if the bra is going to be applied....I use a harsh wax and greese remover befor install....no need for a buff....I would prefer a scuff with a white scrubbie... :lol

:lol

Most of the cars I ppf are street driven for a while and will come back after they get a few pops on the nose and a scratch in the rear so I offer a touch up service included in the price. Many people will PPF a CPO with 30,000 on it.. ... I missed a tar spot once on a new TOL Civic bumper loaded with NYC asphalt. It became a freebee... after that I detail three times over.

Guest qatinstaller

Our prep takes 5-10 minutes (unless tar or cosmoline), 3M Adhesive Remover, Sprayway Glass Cleaner (works awesome and BTW works the best that I have found for taking the edge of the simoniz/teflon waxes) and then alchohol. You are certainly going above and beyond with the mini detail kudo's to you but I hope your charging for it!!!! :eyebrows

Archived