tough bugs

Guest Revolution

2008 Acura RDX fresh off the truck. I'm, thinking cheap paint or maybe because it was over 90 degrees that week and she never washed her car the entire trip there and back :twocents

Guest haroldshouseoftint
2008 Acura RDX fresh off the truck. I'm, thinking cheap paint or maybe because it was over 90 degrees that week and she never washed her car the entire trip there and back :evilgrin

:twocents guess I shoulda read your post above the picture :lol2

:lol2 mabye Japan is using lead based paint from China :twocents:lol2

That's weird, heat shouldn't do that to the paint on a new car, on a hooptie mabye :lol2

Guest Josh @ Proform
It was the same on her paint I wasn't worried about a warranty :twocents . I had never seen it happen before or after, maybe the heat did it I don't know but her hood was damaged from the bugs as well as the film. The bumper, fenders and mirrors did not have any problems and the bugs washed right off, something just went wrong with her hood :evilgrin

Why is always the hood, or better stated the largest pieces of film? From dirt to film flaws to film failures to whatever else, its always in the largest piece and not the smaller ones.

I really can't say what happened but it was bug marks, you could see smears and little wing outlines like it baked in. Maybe she used something like a protectant or something that may have caused it to happen :evilgrin Her story was she left for Florida with a clean car took it through a car wash when she got there which was 3 days later, drove around the entire week and washed it again before coming back to Cleveland which is another 3 day drive and this time the bugs were stuck :twocents I didn't warranty through VS because it was only the hood and I mean her whole hood not just the film had this problem so I just replaced it and sent her on her way but I do have the pics from it looking perfect the day it was done so it wasn't a film defect :lol2 Anyones guess is as good as mine because I have no clue why it happened :twocents

Archived