tough bugs

Guest Revolution

Guest Revolution

did a black toyota yesterday, full front kit. man could I get those dead bugs off. they had litterally embedded into the paint. the car is 4 months old, but where I live we are very open country, loads of mossies and weird things flyin around. I have seen posts here regarding clay bars. would that be something useful in these circustances? and does it mark on black cars? I noticed as I was rubbing bug and tar remover it began dulling spots on the paint??

:dunno

On a almost new car with bug scars I use a bar [finest grade clay availible]. there are various grades even heavy duty for over spray etc. Many folks wait a few months test to see if their paint is bullet proof or scrap up the cash for this pricey film install.

Guest Revolution

forgive my total ignorance of claybars but im guessing you just rub, gently with the claybar over the area where the critters have buried themselves until they come off?

I vaguely remember seeing a guy using a claybar in the past but it didnt click what he was at :lol2

If your talking about the bugs actually in the paint, a wet sand and buff is the only thing that will fix it. I had an 08 Acura RDX, with a ventureshield kit go to Florida and come back a week later. The bugs had made litlle dents and imprints into the paint and film, nothing I used helped make it any better, the film on her hood was replaced but it looked better then her paint. She didn't wash her car while she drove down there or back to Ohio, so the bugs baked into the paint and nothing will get out the bug marks besides a body shop. I have pics I'll post later.

Guest Josh @ Proform

I'm not sure about Venture, but I know many other films simply require extended (sometimes a few days, sometimes a week or more) exposure to UV light and heat to bleach out stains and imprints from bugs and bird :beer.

Otherwise call your film distributor for warranty info. Keep the photos and an invoice showing the date of installation on hand in case they require them.

It was the same on her paint I wasn't worried about a warranty :twocents . I had never seen it happen before or after, maybe the heat did it I don't know but her hood was damaged from the bugs as well as the film. The bumper, fenders and mirrors did not have any problems and the bugs washed right off, something just went wrong with her hood :evilgrin

Archived