Huge windows, what film?

On a small commercial job I have 13 windows that are 242 inches tall by 69 wide and one that is 201 inches tall and 99 inches wide. Most of the 35s will blow this glass. Any suggestions other than a shiny 50 to get the most heat out without the absorption problems?

Thanks in advance.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest tintgod
On a small commercial job I have 13 windows that are 242 inches tall by 69 wide and one that is 201 inches tall and 99 inches wide. Most of the 35s will blow this glass. Any suggestions other than a shiny 50 to get the most heat out without the absorption problems?

Thanks in advance.

what type of glass are we talking about...and is there any shading :spit:evileye

dam...those are some big azz windows :poke

call johnsons ask for joe and tell him the size there new comm line has some super low heat absorbance I just got a 10 % sample with a super low heat absorbance like 34 %

Guest haroldshouseoftint
call johnsons ask for joe and tell him the size there new comm line has some super low heat absorbance I just got a 10 % sample with a super low heat absorbance like 34 %

not unless he wants to 2 piece all the windows, J only comes in a 60" roll, that I know of :spit

Guest FilmBlazer

Thanks in advance.

I agree with Dan... If not, those are huge windows. We need more info on the glass.

Sorry, those are old school 1960-1970 era glasses that are annealed and particularly clear single pane, probably 3/8 " on the larger and at least 1/4" on the smaller. That wall frame is basically a steel I beam roof support that they stopped in and put glass to the outer flat of the I beam. It is a Civic Center Concert Hall. The glass is sealed in with what appears to be a relatively modern glazing sealant, flexible and not hard. However, some windows due to age have some harder sealant, and of course it is ultimately attached to those I beams. So in the heat, the steel will expand, the glass with tint will expand and me? I think buy the insurance for 4-5 grand and let it rip.

Archived