customer referrals

This tip has worked our well for me especially when we are slow. I know word of mouth is a great way to advertise and a lot of customers will tell their friends about your work but what I have done with some of my usual customers is offer them a kick back if they bring more customers my way. I will give them any where from $5 to $20 per car depending on how many new customers they bring my way. I dont ask them to price the tint job or try to sell anything I simply just ask them to take some of my business cards, initial it or put their name somewhere on the card and make sure the customer shows me the card so I know who sent them. and if they tint the car then the referral has money waiting for them. I have done this at some of the dealerships also where I have spoken to the sells reps not the managers or owners. with the dealerships the salesman can sell a car and simply tell the customer if they need their windows tinted heres a great spot to go to and they do great work. now how much I give them varies on how many cars they give me but this is the slow season and I have had more work than we usually have. last saturday I had a customer grab 5 of his friends and bring them to the shop and told me dont worry about giving me anything just take off what you are going to give and take it off the total bill, so I did they were happy and his friend have sent me 3 new customers this week and his friends are not on my customer referral prgram so on those cars im not paying anyone. I dont know if any of you do this but it has worked out well for me and for some of my younger customers that I have helping me do this that are in school or dont make much money have went out and have been like little sales reps for me. its a cheap way of advertisement that can make you a little bit more cash and even bring in more possible customers.

I have a few customers that send me people, and I keep track of how many they send. I have a guy that is always sending me cars, so we made him a offer, every 12 cars he refers to us, we will tint his next car for free. He has to date cashed in two four door cars, and we still owe him another. I think it works great, look at how much you gain compared to how little it costs you :bingo

I have a few customers that send me people, and I keep track of how many they send. I have a guy that is always sending me cars, so we made him a offer, every 12 cars he refers to us, we will tint his next car for free. He has to date cashed in two four door cars, and we still owe him another. I think it works great, look at how much you gain compared to how little it costs you :beer

:bingo ill trade a couple bucks for a couple cars any days and like I said saturday my customer that brought us 5 cars didnt want any thing but a little group discount and they were happy and im happy for the 3 more car I got from those 5

This does work great! I can add a small tip to this as well. What I do is have a 1000 cheap cards made at staples for like $28.00 and I use them as my referal cards. I just have the customer put thier name and number on the back of that cheap card. Then I also give them a few of my nice cards.

I cant even tell you how many times I have heard oh I will definatley tell people. I give a $10 referal fee. So the cheap skate customer thinks right away, if I get x amount of people to come, then my tint was free.

Guest darkdan

I've been doing the "bring me 10 customers and your next one is free" for a while. I've had a few come close and one manage to do it. He's now working on his second one I believe.

Archived