Having an internet business

He's right, when I was moving all the product on ebay I could see a scam coming from a mile away and STILL got boosted for thousands. I know COD sounds safe but NEVER do it! UPS will accept the cashiers check so long as it "looks" legit, I had somewhere in the neighborhood of 3000.00 in fake CODs UPS accepted. What was really BS was that even though I insured the package they wouldn't cover the claim because they said it's not their responsibility to know if the COD is fake or real....Just don't do them!

Oh yea, if you going to do a website yahoo sitebuilder is one of the best I've used. I used to use frontpage but switched. Also, if you do go look for a new version of Frontpage MS quit making it about a year ago and it's now called something like publisher express or something.

Yup never do a COD! I had a stolen American Express with my latest problem. I have dealt with Vista and Mastercharge successfully in the past but this will be my first with A Express. I don’t like them anyway cause they charge too dang much to accept them. :thumb

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have an internet business that I run on the side. Log in a few times a day and sell everything from tvs to racing parts. It is a hard market sometimes but it brings in a bit of extra cash :thumb

my parents run an educational software company www.2simpleusa.com it began in England and they own rights to distribute in N. America. They do internet sales, a lot of re sellers and some conferences. It does well for them is ran out of their basement. Neat stuff.

the problem with ebay is finding things to sell everthing you can buy your supplier is selling on ebay under a differant name for less than you cay buy it for wholesale,so unless you manufacter something or have something very unique it is hard to do. :spit

Guest vcreed123

Paypal is absolutely the safest way to do internet transactions, they do a very good job of validating it's users. There have been several times when I have sold something AS-IS and after the customer gets it they decided that it really was dead and they can't fix it and try to send it back. Once this happens they contact paypal. Paypal then freezes this money in your account or pulls it out of your checking account until the claim can be investigated. To date I have never had paypal side against me, you just have to make your terms of sale CRYSTAL CLEAR and they will side with you everytime.

Paypal is absolutely the safest way to do internet transactions, they do a very good job of validating it's users. There have been several times when I have sold something AS-IS and after the customer gets it they decided that it really was dead and they can't fix it and try to send it back. Once this happens they contact paypal. Paypal then freezes this money in your account or pulls it out of your checking account until the claim can be investigated. To date I have never had paypal side against me, you just have to make your terms of sale CRYSTAL CLEAR and the will side with you everytime.

:spit

Archived