Way Underbid

We had a very large job (around 10,000sqf) we bid and we were "Promised" as soon as the funding was approved we would get it! Well while we were waiting on the funding we did all kinds of miscellaneous jobs some small ones for free and some bigger ones for dirt cheap even working after hours (wasnt my idea) just so we could ensure we get the big one! When it became time for the funding to be approved and begin the work we find out we were out bid and they already signed a contract with someone else who will install 8MIL ATTACHED FOR $5 A FOOT! The way I figure he's only making pennies a foot unless he is working by himself or not using the promised product! I don't know who I want to wish I could legally punch: the guy in charge of the building, the lowball tinter, or my soon to be former boss! I can't remember the last time I was this P.O.!

BTW it was for a local government building

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest SIR TINTSALOT

that sucks dude, maybe one day in the near future the film reps will set some mandatory price guidelines to stop all this lowballing! Probably not, but it would be nice.

Guest SIR TINTSALOT

I bid on the new Federal Courthouse over here last year and that was just a waste of time. Spent hours measuring and crap, and then they just went with some type of blinds! Damn

Archived