Solar Gard

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
does it seem to hold up well to non-purpling? Adhesive failure? Color change? :rollin

the following statement does not necessarily reflect the views of this forum or it's owners:

I will never use another Sore Gnard product .....ever

the inner layer of poly is not weatherable

and turns purple as barney's butthole

the mounting adhesive is so aggressive you need a hammer to remove it

......and you will have to remove it

the laminating adhesive is so soft that the film de-laminates and the inner layer shifts

and makes huge fingers in the sides of the installation in a few seasons

and the pricing tier game pizzes me off as a buyer

I could give a rats azz about nano ion deposition

if they can't figure out UV absorbers and adhesive

no wonder they pulled out of Georgia completely

:thumb

the mounting adhesive is so aggressive you need a hammer to remove it

......and you will have to remove it

I have to disagree with the adhesive being so aggressive. all the supreme I've removed has come right off and usually doesn't leave any glue. which is probably why it has/had such a huge peeling issue.

and as far as the inner layer turning "purple as barney's butthole" :rollin I don't agree with that either. funny :thumb but I haven't seen any supreme turn purple.

the film definately delaminates and the layers shift. happened with HPTrue Grey too.

I dont have a track record with the Supreme

in all fairness it may be a better product :thumb

the HP TG and bronze

burnt my butt repeatedly

I believe it accurate to say they have huge adhesive issues

barney.jpg

:rollin

Guest haroldshouseoftint
I dont have a track record with the Supreme

in all fairness it may be a better product :thumb

the HP TG and bronze

burnt my butt repeatedly

I believe it accurate to say they have huge adhesive issues

barney.jpg

:rollin

:lol2:lol2 does it look like this?

solarguard007.jpg

solarguard002.jpg

solarguard001.jpg

:thumb:thumb:thumb

Guest Key West

I have no experience with the supreme either, but I used Solar Gard almost exclusively for 15 years. Then the Bekaert fiasco hit, and I'll not buy one square inch more while Bekaert thinks german engineering can fix what aint broke. I used the HP series for years in both S Fla and Ga/Tenn. NEVER had one problem due to film. SG went from one of the best auto films on the market to one of the worst. AND THEN there's that ARMOR COAT thingy :rollin:thumb

I have no experience with the supreme either, but I used Solar Gard almost exclusively for 15 years. Then the Bekaert fiasco hit, and I'll not buy one square inch more while Bekaert thinks german engineering can fix what aint broke. I used the HP series for years in both S Fla and Ga/Tenn. NEVER had one problem due to film. SG went from one of the best auto films on the market to one of the worst. AND THEN there's that ARMOR COAT thingy :thumb:rollin

First and for all ? Its belgian engineering thats f***ing it up ( Don't blame the germans ) ...but I had some problems with the Titanium at first , and now the supremes as well ( after their big promesses of improved adhesive) ..But it is improved ...the gleu sticks to the window as hell ..but now the film doesn't stick to the gleu anymore ..... :thumb Gave SG up a few months ago ..it changed my life completely ( No more stress )

So what about the armour coat thingy ?? tell me more ,tell me more !!!

Archived