Solar Gard

All kidding aside, I tried the Supreme and give it a thumbs up for looks, usability, shrinkability..as far as longevity and fading, I can' t answer that..that's why I used the popcorn emotion. I think that's a fair statement :headbang

I agree with that....I know the Hp Charcoal craps out.I did my personal car about 2 years ago and its going purple. I liked all aspects of the Supreme but as far as being color stable im gonna know when I see it.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not been out that long [2 years tops].... so I have not heard of fade & color stablility issues with the non metal film. I never had anyone unhappy with the grn/ish hue of this Supreme film. I use it for the entry level jobs...... I wonder how well it holds up in the tropical areas were it will get brutalized by the sun. :headbang

hey dudes , I haven't been around much lately ? but I'm glad this topic came up .... We started using Solar gard a year ago . I loved it from the first time I layed my eyes on it ( even the green)

it did take some adaptations to end up with the same quality as I can get with llulu's .. It took me extra time to do a car when comparing as well . But at the end it came out fine..... now after about 600 jobs with no redo's ..complanes are starting to come in ever since it started freezing( about 8 in 2 months ) . We used llulu and SG during this year and the 8 complanes are all done with Solar Gard ........My choice is made ....no more SG for me ..We still got about 30 rolls of this crapp laying around . I'dd rather burn it all then selling it to some one .....

well some still love it ..I hate it !!!

Comon tell me whats up or I'll ban you from my friends list :nono:dunno:dunno

:headbang

hey dudes , I haven't been around much lately ? but I'm glad this topic came up .... We started using Solar gard a year ago . I loved it from the first time I layed my eyes on it ( even the green)

it did take some adaptations to end up with the same quality as I can get with llulu's .. It took me extra time to do a car when comparing as well . But at the end it came out fine..... now after about 600 jobs with no redo's ..complanes are starting to come in ever since it started freezing( about 8 in 2 months ) . We used llulu and SG during this year and the 8 complanes are all done with Solar Gard ........My choice is made ....no more SG for me ..We still got about 30 rolls of this crapp laying around . I'dd rather burn it all then selling it to some one .....

well some still love it ..I hate it !!!

good to see you dude, where you been :dunno

Already having adhesive failure on the matrix :dunno The Jonston (for you COGS :rollin ) looks like it's holding up the best? Tint fairy I would love to check out Char-cool :thumb I think coparible to Graystone, QDP, Shadow. I accidentally requested ME thought it was HP but, now I need a dyed color stable. I think the rep. for IN is arrogant and acted like I was wasting his time please help if you can. :thumb

Archived