1981 corvette

Guest TINTING AZ

Guest TINTING AZ

I had to tint an 81 corvette with vertical defrosters today easy shrink but after install film just puckered on defrost lines set it in the sun didnt work

yes I even steel wooled the lines really well so I pulled film of and reshruink another piece this time I ran my blade backwards over lines to hit any high spots n steel wooled again installed tint same thiong hapen what the I just did a 1979 last week with no defrost layed down klike a prom date but this 81 I dont get it anybody ever have this happen to them :rollin

I had to tint an 81 corvette with vertical defrosters today easy shrink but after install film just puckered on defrost lines set it in the sun didnt work

yes I even steel wooled the lines really well so I pulled film of and reshruink another piece this time I ran my blade backwards over lines to hit any high spots n steel wooled again installed tint same thiong hapen what the I just did a 1979 last week with no defrost layed down klike a prom date but this 81 I dont get it anybody ever have this happen to them :thumb

I've had it do me that way thru the years! I don't know the solution!Heat em and push em down! :rollin

Guest TINTING AZ

I did heat them they wouldnt lay for %&$# they didnt even feel high they felt smooth easy shrink but film wouldnt lay on lines using solargrd hp supreme

I called the guy n asked him if I could scrape his lines not all of them worked anyways he said hell no I said come pick up ur car oh well :rollin

The only thing left is have him come back in a couple of weeks and run a lil chizzler wrapped in paper towel along each wire now that all the solution is finally dried yet there is still tack to the adhesive.

I did this 2 yrs ago..same senerio..I think it was even the same year of Corvette , I had him drop by 2 months after I had done that and it still looked good..I think the key was to leave it long enough after the tint job was done..but not too long :thumb

Either way..it worked for the long haul :rollin

Archived