'04 grand prix 4 door

Guest Zrok

Guest Zrok

this car looks easy enough.....YEAH RIGHT....ok, it's not bad, but the back window is damn near 36" tall, really wide slopes like my grandma's back, there's NO room to get the water out ...too close to the back deck, I recommend takin it out.. the fromt doors have this little humpy thing in the front lower corner that makes 'stuffing' the film down there a challenge at best...the only good thing, is that the big ass rubbers on the edges of the doors have......NO FELT WOOO HOOO...it's all loose ass rubber. GREAT finished product. notta bad car to do, but it's on my bite my tongue and save the cuss words list...a slight test of patience btw, the back glass is flat as hell. :mrgreen: :lol6

Guest Zrok

no, it has felt at the bottom as usual, the sides are rubber with no felt. and its 'softly' placed against the glass, you can stuff a whole yellow rubber squeegee to the edge of the glass and squeegee it. :lol6

Guest Sprinter

hav'nt had any of these to be to difficult on the bottom edge just use my 12 inch black n white and sizzam it's down. I cut the tint right to the bottom edge outside and never had any problems tucking 1/8 of film .

I did one of these the other day. Damn that is a big back glass. Long and wide. I am not to fond of tinting these cars. I suppose theyll get easier as I do more of them though. And if not, Im gonna charge a lil more for the pain in the arse that they are. Oh and I used my "sideswipe" for the lower back glass. It worked well on that really tight and far glass. :bingo

just in case anybody wants to the weather stripping comes off very easily around the roll just like the beetle, it comes off easy and goes back on easy and gives you tons more room to work with.

yes, taking out rubber is good advice , I've done 4 of these now . First one with back seat & deck out ,Second one I left it in, last 2 times I took seat out again...comes out quick enough with drill and rachet attachment = I black vinyled the top from now on, my prefered way anyways :thumb

I tinted my first one today. I thought it was very easy except fot the bottom of the back glass. the sideswiper barely got it done.

tw, is it hard to pull the rear deck?

I vinyled the top line matrix also :thumb

first one sucked cause there's a lot of bolts, however, I use a high power drill with a 18mm and 10mm attachment and it comes out in about 5-7 min..I think it's worth it cause I felt it was a pain to squeegee the bottom as well...even with the side swiper ..

Archived