SunGard Solar 15

SunGard users, who makes the closest equivalent to SunGard Solar 15 in looks, ease of application and price?

Right now I have a flat glass job coming up and I am looking at Hanita Tek Sliver 20 which has similar specs and prices but I have never used it before. Any input is welcome

Thanks

if you have not used actual dry adhesive films then you are going to be in LOVE! I used Sungard for 7.5 years and I was so pizzed at them when I found out how nasty the DPS crap was!

I have been using Johnsons flat films and Suntek flat.....most manufactures have a Silver 15 film. Johnson is great if you don't want to order a full or even partial roll with their "pre-cut" program....they have the Scenic View 10 which is a "dual-reflective" 10 percent with a very silver out side and less reflective inside. It is less in price than the sungard was. TSER very high...

if you have not used actual dry adhesive films then you are going to be in LOVE! I used Sungard for 7.5 years and I was so pizzed at them when I found out how nasty the DPS crap was!

I have been using Johnsons flat films and Suntek flat.....most manufactures have a Silver 15 film. Johnson is great if you don't want to order a full or even partial roll with their "pre-cut" program....they have the Scenic View 10 which is a "dual-reflective" 10 percent with a very silver out side and less reflective inside. It is less in price than the sungard was. TSER very high...

What is dry adhesive? All I have ever used for the last 13 years has been SunGard

Also please explain dual reflective.

Guest vclimber
What is dry adhesive? All I have ever used for the last 13 years has been SunGard

Also please explain dual reflective.

Not to belittle you, I'm just a little bit taken back. Didn't Sun guard teach you anything about film over 13 years? :evilgrin

Guest vclimber

Dry adhesive is a harder thinner adhesive that is usually activated by water. A molecular bond is created rather than a physical bond characteristic of PS adhesives. Dry adhesive is usually bomber, it won't fail when installed properly. The optics are usually much better than PS because the adhesive is thinner and harder.

"Dual Reflective" is a strange expression that this industry uses to describe reflective films that have a dyed layer on the interior side to reduce the interior reflectivity.

I had no knowledge of what was a true dry adhesive until I started talking to my Llumar rep. Had no idea of what a reverse roll and dropping film was like. I was so angry about those things. Oh and they didn't have anything like a dual reflective film.

Dual reflective is misnomer as it is not reflective or at least less reflective on the inside. Sort of like the Gray 15 that sungard had but it is silver on the adhesive side.

Dry adhesive is a thinner adhesive that is water activated and actually bonds to the glass better than the pressure sensitive adhesive you have been using. The Detac coating that sungard used is really a crappy way of doing things and you will never look back once you use a real dry adhesive!

Guest vclimber
I had no knowledge of what was a true dry adhesive until I started talking to my Llumar rep. Had no idea of what a reverse roll and dropping film was like. I was so angry about those things. Oh and they didn't have anything like a dual reflective film.

That's what I was getting at. I hope I didn't offend BD but that' what always made me mad about SG. They didn't educate their dealer base. :evilgrin

Dual reflective is misnomer as it is not reflective or at least less reflective on the inside. Sort of like the Gray 15 that sungard had but it is silver on the adhesive side.

Dry adhesive is a thinner adhesive that is water activated and actually bonds to the glass better than the pressure sensitive adhesive you have been using. The Detac coating that sungard used is really a crappy way of doing things and you will never look back once you use a real dry adhesive!

So how is this dry adhesive as far as ease of application?

Guest vclimber
So how is this dry adhesive as far as ease of application?

No Detac to have to rinse off... It's easy to flush out debris because it is not tacky like PS so you can install huge pieces of film by yourself rather easily.

Archived