SunGard Solar 15

Not to belittle you, I'm just a little bit taken back. Didn't Sun guard teach you anything about film over 13 years? :evilgrin

No they didn't really teach me that much and of the last 13 years the flat glass part of my business really didn't start moving till maybe the last 5 years or so. Most jobs I have under my belt I used either the Solar 15 or the Signature series.

It was my understanding that both these films were fairly safe for most glass except the Low E glass which usually requiere les vlt. Anyway that is about all I was told.

Guest vclimber
No they didn't really teach me that much and of the last 13 years the flat glass part of my business really didn't start moving till maybe the last 5 years or so. Most jobs I have under my belt I used either the Solar 15 or the Signature series.

It was my understanding that both these films were fairly safe for most glass except the Low E glass which usually requiere les vlt. Anyway that is about all I was told.

Try Hanita, Sun Tek, Llumar, or Madico. You will feel emancipated. :evilgrin

you will be blown away!

find out about reverse rolling the film!

Roll up the film for the window you are going to be tinting and roll it with the liner on the inside. Roll it up tight! I use a piece of 1/2 CPVC pipe in the roll for a weight. Wet the first few inches up to a foot of the film. Pick the liner and roll it back on the roll. Wet the window. Hold the film top edge with adhesive side towards the window. Now snap the roll to the floor and hang the film on the window......

That's what I was getting at. I hope I didn't offend BD but that' what always made me mad about SG. They didn't educate their dealer base. :rollin

Yeah even though I have been installing auto film for a long time and have a good bit of experience with flat glass I had thought of going to one of the manufactures schools to get a better grasp of the whole methods and techniques. I am not a rookie but it certainly wouldn't hurt.

you will be blown away!

find out about reverse rolling the film!

Roll up the film for the window you are going to be tinting and roll it with the liner on the inside. Roll it up tight! I use a piece of 1/2 CPVC pipe in the roll for a weight. Wet the first few inches up to a foot of the film. Pick the liner and roll it back on the roll. Wet the window. Hold the film top edge with adhesive side towards the window. Now snap the roll to the floor and hang the film on the window......

Yeah have done that except I never use the CPVC pipe. I just get the film started with the liner pulled on the first foot or so and as I unroll the film down the window I pull the rest of the liner an as I go down the window I keep it wet.

Amazing how many DPS installers out there don't realize how much simpler their life can become by going dry. Sullivan's W.T had the WalGreen's account, would ship you their Sun Gard inventory and subbed out installs all over. I did a few. They were convinced it was the film to use. I tried to let them know they could install faster, cleaner, and easier with a dry adhesive. They thought I was nuts. There are a lot of Sun Gard flat guys that will be elated once they hang a dry adhesive film. But don't get pissed at Sun Gard. If you're in an industry you should learn all you can about the products you sell as well as the ones you don't. Educate yourself - you should know what is out there if it pays your bills!

Guest Sprinter

the sungard distributor in town would aloways as much as they could hold a tint off and in that would have classes on flat glass installs and snapping and reverse rolling the film.

Amazing how many DPS installers out there don't realize how much simpler their life can become by going dry. Sullivan's W.T had the WalGreen's account, would ship you their Sun Gard inventory and subbed out installs all over. I did a few. They were convinced it was the film to use. I tried to let them know they could install faster, cleaner, and easier with a dry adhesive. They thought I was nuts. There are a lot of Sun Gard flat guys that will be elated once they hang a dry adhesive film. But don't get pissed at Sun Gard. If you're in an industry you should learn all you can about the products you sell as well as the ones you don't. Educate yourself - you should know what is out there if it pays your bills!

I agree with you mostly but in my case auto is still about 70% of my total business. I have used SunGard longer than I have been in business for myself and I always had good results when I used their flat glass film so I guess I was thinking dont fix what isnt broken.. Not pissed at SunGard, they were allways good to me for the most part, except for the latest fiasco where I lost $400 in warranty claims, but it would have been nice to have had some type of ongoing education on installs & new technicques.

With my flat glass business seeming to be increasing more and more each year since the last 5 years or so you can bet I definatly will be making more of an effort to learning as much as I can about it all.

Archived