Pentagon Protection Attachment System

V4V

http://www.pentagonusa.com/products/anchoring-systems.php

Curious about this attachment system.

1. Does anyone use this ? Experiences?

2. Have they tested this DoD, GSA, etc.?

3. Is this similar to other mechanical attachment systems?

4. Do they have a channel or are these folks a "dealer."?

Guest Fly Paper

This company is owned by one of the less than honerable distributors out of Dublin, Ohio. To my knowledge they operate a shadow company and re-box film to siphon off jobs from their dealers. Just another example of direct competition from our friendly suppliers. I aquired a copy of the warranty and it's a joke.

This company is owned by one of the less than honerable distributors out of Dublin, Ohio. To my knowledge they operate a shadow company and re-box film to siphon off jobs from their dealers. Just another example of direct competition from our friendly suppliers. I aquired a copy of the warranty and it's a joke.

I didn't know that!

. .I actually thought this was some UK company. .guess I ain't that smart after all. . :shock

Guest vclimber

I didn't know that!

. .I actually thought this was some UK company. .guess I ain't that smart after all. . :shock

UK company is right, distributor in Ohio and some type of advertising/marketing arrangement with Performance Tools (See their New Catalog). I've used it, it works, very similar to Gullwing but it already has the adhesive attached which is convenient. My overall take is that it is still waaaay too expensive, even with a bulk discount, too many hands in the cookie jar -imo. :cool

I didn't know that!

. .I actually thought this was some UK company. .guess I ain't that smart after all. . :thumb

UK company is right, distributor in Ohio and some type of advertising/marketing arrangement with Performance Tools (See their New Catalog). I've used it, it works, very similar to Gullwing but it already has the adhesive attached which is convenient. My overall take is that it is still waaaay too expensive, even with a bulk discount, too many hands in the cookie jar -imo. :thumb

OK. .Oh Guru of Tint. . :beer have they passed any testing with any shatter film (legit) like GSA either open or shock tube? Wind?. .

Are they peddling this to specific manufacturers?

Thanks. .

Guest vclimber
OK. .Oh Guru of Tint. . :thumb have they passed any testing with any shatter film (legit) like GSA either open or shock tube? Wind?. .

Thanks. .

I never checked, I've only used it for anti-intrusion because the R&R is easier. I 995 all of my Gov't stuff and if that isn't enough then it's Frame Guard.

I think they tried to make some deals but there is a patent issue to deal with and if that is not an issue the price always is... :thumb

Guest MikeD

This looks a lot like the Z profile from Frame gard to me, not seen this one before in the UK. There seem to be a lot of similar looking edge rentention systems coming through

I can tell you patently that this is not true. I worked at the distributor in Dublin and they have no affiliation with Pentagon. Pentagon Protection is a stand alone company that does not even sell film. I am not sure where you received that information, but it is completely false.

I didn't know that!

. .I actually thought this was some UK company. .guess I ain't that smart after all. . :lol

UK company is right, distributor in Ohio and some type of advertising/marketing arrangement with Performance Tools (See their New Catalog). I've used it, it works, very similar to Gullwing but it already has the adhesive attached which is convenient. My overall take is that it is still waaaay too expensive, even with a bulk discount, too many hands in the cookie jar -imo. :dunno

OK. .Oh Guru of Tint. . :lol have they passed any testing with any shatter film (legit) like GSA either open or shock tube? Wind?. .

Thanks. .

The product has passed GSA level 2 with an 8 mil or equivalent and DOD Minimal Hazard with the same film. This testing was done with a shock tube in Texas. Contact Sam at Pentagon for more details. Their phone number is 877-734-7240. I know this as my company is affiliated with Pentagon via the same ownership. I still have to buy my attachment from Pentagon just like we are a separate entity completely. They are currently selling to dealers direct and not specific to any manufacturer as far as I know.

I just wanted to clear up some obvious misconceptions or misunderstandings that I was reading about.

Archived