View your shop like the customer

TTS

Here's one of the neat tricks I have picked up over the years going to sales conventions/etc...

Take a digital pictures of your business from a few places....

1) Take a picture of your business from the Front / Main road as if you were a customer driving to / by your shop

2) Take a few pictures from DIRECTLY inside your front door. Looking straight ahead as if you are a customer walking into your business and looking around.

Smoke on down and pay to get them developed big... like 81/2 x 11 big.

Set them into a folder for a day or 2 to give you a chance of forget the 'mental snapshots' you remember from the shoot.

Now look at the pics...

The pictures from the outside - Is it easy to identify your business or do you just 'blend in' with all the other advertising 'noise'.... What can you do to 'Rise above the noise level' ??

The pictures from the front door.... Are your customer looking at products you offer ? Can they see something to 'drag' them further into the store ? Does your business look CLEAN ?? Organized and well kept ?? or is the picture showing clutter and chaos ??

It is always amazing to me how my 'perception' of things and how they are is ALWAYS different than how a customer see's them (hence the pictures)

Hope this helps! :thumb

Archived