Full hood

Guest Josh @ Proform

I had to bulk one about a year ago with Mike when we did not have time to design a kit. It was a rush job for a body shop and it did not have the lettering, and we used Avery.

Whatever film you choose make sure it has a lot of elasticity. See if you can have the letters removed, then reinstalled after you are done. It will make the install a million times easier.

has anyone completed a full coverage hood on a full size Range Rover [current model] and what film works. :beer

Yep done several did them in SGH, there is an XPEL pattern for this which is cunningly split down the character lines so it makes the install doable and if aligned correctly you cannot tell it is not one piece :nope

Trying to do this as a one piecer especially on a black car would see off the majority of installers due to the counter runs of angles and character lines

Cheers

Another way to deal with the Range Rover emblem is make custy get a new one and take the old one off. It makes life easier but the sh***y thing is they want like 50 bucks for each emblem so a hundred total just for new emblems. The body shops I work with are nice enough to save the emblem for me to put on. Usually.

Guest PROFORM MIKE
Another way to deal with the Range Rover emblem is make custy get a new one and take the old one off. It makes life easier but the sh***y thing is they want like 50 bucks for each emblem so a hundred total just for new emblems. The body shops I work with are nice enough to save the emblem for me to put on. Usually.

:beer Your right there, the letters not being on the vehicle makes it a LOT easier, good thing they didn't put it on before hand! And they did let me know how much they were, not very cheap. The amazing part is that there are no alignment holes for these letters, they just 'eyeball it' when they put them on with the adhesive backing :thumb And your paying $75K+ for that kind of quality on a vehicle (eye balling the letter placement) ??!! :beer

I love xpel.... :lol

But on the Range Rover buy new emblems or take em off and double side tape em back on...You gotta be good..measure em....I'v done it, never had a problem...... :lol

The hood is flat except for the front end....and thats eazy...if the emblems arent on.

:lol

The full coverage kit for the Range Rover has been assigned to the US region.

I will demo this one on my own ...the leading edge pattern helped but full coverge would have saved me a trip to the booth. I would hate to twist up a large bulk sheet and not be happy the end results..

Archived