Extreme Home Makeover

They just did a house last week in Newark DE.

Their crew came by Dover AFB and took a welcome to DE shot from our Flightline. Now you can see what I do at nighttime when your all alseep. :beer

Tint in the day and airplanes at night. :beer

No I was supposed to go up and help paint but decided to spend quality time with my family instead. They painted from 5am to 9am the first day then that night went back for touch ups. He said there was a ton of help there, so I didn't feel guilty dippin out.

Corbit (my friend) said it was amazeing how fast and efficient the house went up. He said that the designers don't actually do any of the work they come out of their trailer walk around with the camera crew, do a little play by play then back to the trailer until the next phase.

The special room that Tye is supposed to be working in is just designed by him that's it. All the labor is done by other people. Corbit said that they used these 10" pine plank boards for the floor that they clear laquered. When the furniture was being moved in the floor wasn't quite dry and got all messed up and had to be redone.

HA how big are the odds ??? I'm just watching the episode where they trash the old house with a monster truck..

I think that was week before last show. Last week it was a wounded Marine that lost his leg in Iraq. I think it was shot in PA. Man it was touching when his buddies showed up in their dress blues. He had four kids, divorced and missing his leg but they hooked up his house especially his garage.

It is definitely cool what they do for the homeowners. If you dont remember, I posted about installing some solar film on every peice of glass on one extreme makeover house nar me over the summer for free to help the new homeowner cope with the high heating/cooling costs. 44tools.com gave me the film for free and I installed it for free. This was of course about a month after the show aired. It was the episode about the marine who helped those port authority officers after 9/11. They even made a movie about it "World Trade Center". Super nice people and It felt good giving back to such a hero. Here is the post:

http://www.tintdude.com/forum/index.php?sh...xtreme+makeover

IMAG019A.JPGIMAG025A.JPG

Archived