window coverings-blinds, shutters,etc

I got a call from a custy that was wanting someone compitant to order and install blinds and shutters in some very large $ homes. He asked if I wanted some biz. Just thinking about it as an add-on. Does anyone do any of this or has anyone. I am not big on the idea but hey if its money why not.

Guest thatsnappyguy

dude I have been wanting to do this for years...its just hard for me to get out the shop to install them cuz im so busy doing autos...im gonna bring it up to my boss once again and see if he would be interested in it.. its great money in it. I used to work at a glass shop and we did it all the time.

I been seeing alot of the roll down shades at commerical places (food places and what have u), those are jobs that could have been done by tinting but they choose the the shades...why? it must be cheaper than film because anyone around here would never think about paying more when they can get something cheaper...no upgrades around here... so the roll down shades, solar screens, shutters ect are excellent add ons to a tint business. they all beat the heat, and the shutters protect with privacy. great alternatives to window film.

SG and LluLlu supply window films for blinds - look nice and work nice, exact yesterday I installed in my office SG blinds. It is window films, no glue,cutted like vertical or horizontal blinds, embossed on not. Ask Your supplier about, or ask SG or LluLlu direct. I will post ictyre later

Guest Niche

I have done blinds for over a year or year and a half now, and its a nice supplement. I will warn you though, that If you think there's a lot to film, there is just as much to blinds. Not technical information, but just a lot of tedious BS. Plan on spending 2 to 3x the amount of time in someones house and if they are getting a stack of bids, forget it. There are some companies that charge what I pay for blinds, which amazes me.. but hey, they get what they pay for right?

If you have any questions let me know, happy to help.

-Slick

What are the best brands?

Hunter douglas ( always the first with innovative products it seems ), Kirsch/Levelor, Graber. those are probably the big three. Big money in window treatments, but also a really big learning curve .

Archived