Solar Guard Window Film

Just wanted some input about what you guys think about solar guard film. I am looking to pick up their HP line but I would like some input especialy from anyone who is or has been a dealer. How is the clarity, how well it shrinks, how easy does it come off for re-do's, how is their flat glass film. Any info will help. Unfortunately I am having to pick up another brand after FTI's fallout after being a dealer for about 9 years. thanks

Guest Olfablade

I've been an SG dealer for over 15 years, I use HPTitanium for auto, and Stainless Steel for flat. I haven't had any major industry wide failures that would have caused me to switch brands, and longevity for repeat business is important to me because the customer will not remember the make of the film if it fails, but they'll remember who put it on, and make a choice. :thumb

I'm the rep up in Canada for Solargard. For the most part as all the guys on here know, there are only so many ways you can dye polyester. Films from various companies are slightly different in that some shrink better, some have better clarity or warranty but a lot of times in comes down to service and who you are dealing with. I always tell customers that deal with me or they don't you cant' really go wrong with any of the "big" window film companies because you are putting on for the most part lifetime film that will not fail in the next year. If you start putting on film that is cheap and will go purple you may have to redo numerous cars which is a big pain in the ass. We are #2 in size in the world behind Llumar which says a lot. If you deal with us you have a company that is backed by Bekaert which is a 4 billion dollar a year company in Belgium. Dealing with a company of this size provides reassurance because the likelihood of it closing down is slim to none. Having a Panorama line, armorcoat line, automotive, our Computercut system we have everything a tinter needs.

Archived