roll ups with curved top edges

Guest Peja43916

Guest Peja43916

I know some Cadillacs have this type of window. How do you guys trim the top edges of these windows since you can't lay the film down onto the window due to the outside edge being curved?

I know some Cadillacs have this type of window. How do you guys trim the top edges of these windows since you can't lay the film down onto the window due to the outside edge being curved?

Make a ruff cut on the top when you are on the out side fitting the film. You might even be able to tilt the bottom of your knife down so you leave a little extra and it is still a smooth cut. When you get the film applied on the inside before you set it good make a final cut on the top from there, and then micro edge it or shave it. This is just one way, I am sure there are many. :evilgrin

Stan Foster :thumb

Guest Peja43916
keep your hand steady and use your off hand keep the film close to the glass.

This is the way I have been trying.. I guess my hands aren't steady enough...

Guest Beeline
keep your hand steady and use your off hand keep the film close to the glass.

This is the way I have been trying.. I guess my hands aren't steady enough...

wet the surface that you are cutting so your off hand will slide easier....less pressure.

Guest willie
I hold my Knife up pointed at a downward angle so it is actually cutting the edge on the other side of the glass(if that makes any sense) :lol2

:dunno makes alot of sense

Guest sendjoshg

after you cut the sides bump the film down about 2 inches and shrink it to hug the glass. this will keep the fingers from interfering with the cut. then be sure to put the film back in it's original place and roll it down to cut the top. this is a little extra work that will be wasted if the cut goes bad, but it may help. also, don't stick your blade out too far as this will cause it to wobble and mess up your cut. when you do go to cut it cut it moderately fast and don't stop at all or you are in for a jagged edge. you may also want to leave the bottom long so if it does go bad you can bump it up and try it again before you scrap your film. you can always trim the bottom last to get it right before installing it . I hope this has helped or will help.

Archived