Have you ever wondered why prices go up when

Guest Marco

Actually, we need to follow and increase also. I do, and continue to land work regularly!

Why? I increase every other year, I can afford to pay another $10 a roll but at some point the increases will have to stop then what? :dunno Hanita is broke compared to the others, Johnsons is holding down very well with 15 employees do they increase every year too? Global is a hard company to track but from what I can tell, I think they buy the film from a company in Cleveland or repackage and distribute, :dunno I need more info before I can figure it out :nuts Xpel didn't make much but Dap makes a fortune which makes up for the companies short falls. I'm looking up a few more, anyone have a company that they want looked up :dunno

Kind of confused with your post. Hanita is not broke, Hanita Tek, the US distribution end is not shattering records, but overseas, they do phenominal with S/S. Johnson only has 15 emplyoees?? I thought they had more than 15 employees just in the offices, never mind production and distribution. Global produces their film in India themselves. You may wish to re-check the sources you get your information from.

Your information is all wrong, especially the line of 'I increase every other year, I can afford to pay another $10 a roll but at some point the increases will have to stop then what?" Prices will continue to increase in this industry as long as crude oil continues to increase. Since it is petroleum based, no end is in sight for increases. So, to that end, your question of WHY? to increasing our prices, it will continue to be answered for years to come. As film costs, overhead, utilities, gasoline, and all other costs continue to rise, we MUST increase our prices to survive, or go out of business.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest vclimber
Actually, we need to follow and increase also. I do, and continue to land work regularly!

Why? I increase every other year, I can afford to pay another $10 a roll but at some point the increases will have to stop then what? :dunno Hanita is broke compared to the others, Johnsons is holding down very well with 15 employees do they increase every year too? Global is a hard company to track but from what I can tell, I think they buy the film from a company in Cleveland or repackage and distribute, :dunno I need more info before I can figure it out :dunno Xpel didn't make much but Dap makes a fortune which makes up for the companies short falls. I'm looking up a few more, anyone have a company that they want looked up :dunno

Kind of confused with your post. Hanita is not broke, Hanita Tek, the US distribution end is not shattering records, but overseas, they do phenominal with S/S. Johnson only has 15 emplyoees?? I thought they had more than 15 employees just in the offices, never mind production and distribution. Global produces their film in India themselves. You may wish to re-check the sources you get your information from.

You might want to check your sources for accuracy here as well. Global is a branded product with its world distribution headquarters Global PET Films Inc located in FL. Global's film is made by Garware PET Films Inc in India. Garware makes films for many other companies and we see them in the marketplace under all kinds of different labels.

Your information is all wrong, especially the line of 'I increase every other year, I can afford to pay another $10 a roll but at some point the increases will have to stop then what?" Prices will continue to increase in this industry as long as crude oil continues to increase. Since it is petroleum based, no end is in sight for increases. So, to that end, your question of WHY? to increasing our prices, it will continue to be answered for years to come. As film costs, overhead, utilities, gasoline, and all other costs continue to rise, we MUST increase our prices to survive, or go out of business.

This is absolutely right. There are companies all over the place still selling their products & services at 1990 rates. This is the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen in business aside from a Government that can operate in nothing but debt and still operate. If you are not raising your prices a long with current inflation you will go out of business at the very least and even worse, ruin the marketplace for your fellow professionals. :nuts

Guest Marco

Why? I increase every other year, I can afford to pay another $10 a roll but at some point the increases will have to stop then what? :dunno Hanita is broke compared to the others, Johnsons is holding down very well with 15 employees do they increase every year too? Global is a hard company to track but from what I can tell, I think they buy the film from a company in Cleveland or repackage and distribute, :dunno I need more info before I can figure it out :DD Xpel didn't make much but Dap makes a fortune which makes up for the companies short falls. I'm looking up a few more, anyone have a company that they want looked up :nope

I'm going by what they report to the IRS. I was wrong Johnsons has 25 employees. I didn't mean to imply Hanita was broke just compared to what they report, they don't make anywhere near others in the same business :DD

Detailed Hanita-Tek Window Film Company Profile

This company profile is for the private company Hanita-Tek Window Film, located in Livermore, CA. Hanita-Tek Window Film's line of business is whol lumber/plywood/millwork.

Company Profile: Hanita-Tek Window Film

Year Started:N/A

State of Incorporation:N/A

URL:N/A

Location Type:Single Location

Stock Symbol:N/A

Stock Exchange:N/A

Also Does Business As:N/A

NAICS:N/A

SIC #Code:5031

Est. Annual Sales:$450,000

Est. Employees:2

Est. Employees at Location:2

Contact Name:N/A

Contact Title:N/A

Guest vclimber

Why? I increase every other year, I can afford to pay another $10 a roll but at some point the increases will have to stop then what? :dunno Hanita is broke compared to the others, Johnsons is holding down very well with 15 employees do they increase every year too? Global is a hard company to track but from what I can tell, I think they buy the film from a company in Cleveland or repackage and distribute, :dunno I need more info before I can figure it out :poke Xpel didn't make much but Dap makes a fortune which makes up for the companies short falls. I'm looking up a few more, anyone have a company that they want looked up :nope

I'm going by what they report to the IRS. I was wrong Johnsons has 25 employees. I didn't mean to imply Hanita was broke just compared to what they report, they don't make anywhere near others in the same business :DD

This company profile is for the private company Hanita-Tek Window Film, located in Livermore, CA. Hanita-Tek Window Film's line of business is whol lumber/plywood/millwork.

Livermore, CA? That's Mark's Distributorship. He's just one distributor out of 2 in CA. So that must be his financials, not all of Hanita Tek USA. :DD

Guest Marco

Why? I increase every other year, I can afford to pay another $10 a roll but at some point the increases will have to stop then what? :dunno Hanita is broke compared to the others, Johnsons is holding down very well with 15 employees do they increase every year too? Global is a hard company to track but from what I can tell, I think they buy the film from a company in Cleveland or repackage and distribute, :dunno I need more info before I can figure it out :poke Xpel didn't make much but Dap makes a fortune which makes up for the companies short falls. I'm looking up a few more, anyone have a company that they want looked up :DD

You might want to check your sources for accuracy here as well. Global is a branded product with its world distribution headquarters Global PET Films Inc located in FL. Global's film is made by Garware PET Films Inc in India. Garware makes films for many other companies and we see them in the marketplace under all kinds of different labels.

This is absolutely right. There are companies all over the place still selling their products & services at 1990 rates. This is the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen in business aside from a Government that can operate in nothing but debt and still operate. If you are not raising your prices a long with current inflation you will go out of business at the very least and even worse, ruin the marketplace for your fellow professionals. :nope

I think maybe the prices of the 90'S were too high, they had supply and demand back then but nowadays there is a tinter every few miles, I think the price for the products is just right. If it's gets too expensive people will just not pay for it or go to the hack. Charging more is an old text book way of doing things, look around we are paying for companies thinking this way and it's keeping everyone in business richer while people are getting poorer. Just because your roll went up $10 doesn't mean you should charge $10 more every car every year, isn't that a type of price gouging? So yeah raising $10 every 2 years is fair and very profitable and no I do not agree it will ruin the business or put you out of business if you don't :DD

Guest Marco

Why? I increase every other year, I can afford to pay another $10 a roll but at some point the increases will have to stop then what? :dunno Hanita is broke compared to the others, Johnsons is holding down very well with 15 employees do they increase every year too? Global is a hard company to track but from what I can tell, I think they buy the film from a company in Cleveland or repackage and distribute, :dunno I need more info before I can figure it out :poke Xpel didn't make much but Dap makes a fortune which makes up for the companies short falls. I'm looking up a few more, anyone have a company that they want looked up :nope

Livermore, CA? That's Mark's Distributorship. He's just one distributor out of 2 in CA. So that must be his financials, not all of Hanita Tek USA. :DD

That is the only one showing for the business no other one comes up from around the world, do they use another name?

Guest vclimber

That is the only one showing for the business no other one comes up from around the world, do they use another name?

HanitaTek Window Films would be the USA company. Then you have Hanita Coatings in Israel but I don't think you find a form 10k for them because they are probably not listed with the securities and exchange. :dunno

Why? I increase every other year, I can afford to pay another $10 a roll but at some point the increases will have to stop then what? :dunno Hanita is broke compared to the others, Johnsons is holding down very well with 15 employees do they increase every year too? Global is a hard company to track but from what I can tell, I think they buy the film from a company in Cleveland or repackage and distribute, :DD I need more info before I can figure it out :nope Xpel didn't make much but Dap makes a fortune which makes up for the companies short falls. I'm looking up a few more, anyone have a company that they want looked up :DD

This is absolutely right. There are companies all over the place still selling their products & services at 1990 rates. This is the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen in business aside from a Government that can operate in nothing but debt and still operate. If you are not raising your prices a long with current inflation you will go out of business at the very least and even worse, ruin the marketplace for your fellow professionals. :dunno

I think maybe the prices of the 90'S were too high, they had supply and demand back then but nowadays there is a tinter every few miles, I think the price for the products is just right. If it's gets too expensive people will just not pay for it or go to the hack. Charging more is an old text book way of doing things, look around we are paying for companies thinking this way and it's keeping everyone in business richer while people are getting poorer. Just because your roll went up $10 doesn't mean you should charge $10 more every car every year, isn't that a type of price gouging? So yeah raising $10 every 2 years is fair and very profitable and no I do not agree it will ruin the business or put you out of business if you don't :poke

You have forgotten the whole picture. YES, your film may have gone up $10 per roll, but your other expenses that figure into the cost of doing business went through the roof. Gas went up approx 33% in the last year, heat and utilities have skyrocketed, taxes increase, rents go up. If you are mobile, you are spending much more per week to do business. So, the increase in film is not the only issue to base price increases on. $10 more per car is not price gouging, you have to remember that YOU have to add you PROFIT MARGIN on top of the increased costs. $10 probably will leave you with a lower profit margin than before. Remember, your costs at home have increased too, so your botom line profit should be increasing too, or can you live on the same money or less than you made last year or a few years ago???

Guest Marco

Why? I increase every other year, I can afford to pay another $10 a roll but at some point the increases will have to stop then what? :poke Hanita is broke compared to the others, Johnsons is holding down very well with 15 employees do they increase every year too? Global is a hard company to track but from what I can tell, I think they buy the film from a company in Cleveland or repackage and distribute, :dunno I need more info before I can figure it out :nope Xpel didn't make much but Dap makes a fortune which makes up for the companies short falls. I'm looking up a few more, anyone have a company that they want looked up :dunno

This is absolutely right. There are companies all over the place still selling their products & services at 1990 rates. This is the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen in business aside from a Government that can operate in nothing but debt and still operate. If you are not raising your prices a long with current inflation you will go out of business at the very least and even worse, ruin the marketplace for your fellow professionals. :lol6

I think maybe the prices of the 90'S were too high, they had supply and demand back then but nowadays there is a tinter every few miles, I think the price for the products is just right. If it's gets too expensive people will just not pay for it or go to the hack. Charging more is an old text book way of doing things, look around we are paying for companies thinking this way and it's keeping everyone in business richer while people are getting poorer. Just because your roll went up $10 doesn't mean you should charge $10 more every car every year, isn't that a type of price gouging? So yeah raising $10 every 2 years is fair and very profitable and no I do not agree it will ruin the business or put you out of business if you don't :DD

You have forgotten the whole picture. YES, your film may have gone up $10 per roll, but your other expenses that figure into the cost of doing business went through the roof. Gas went up approx 33% in the last year, heat and utilities have skyrocketed, taxes increase, rents go up. If you are mobile, you are spending much more per week to do business. So, the increase in film is not the only issue to base price increases on. $10 more per car is not price gouging, you have to remember that YOU have to add you PROFIT MARGIN on top of the increased costs. $10 probably will leave you with a lower profit margin than before. Remember, your costs at home have increased too, so your botom line profit should be increasing too, or can you live on the same money or less than you made last year or a few years ago???

It might depend on where you are or how you do business but I don't over spend, don't use credit cards and have very little over head, so yeah basically I can afford to live the same way I have the last few years because I know how to budget and how the market in my area works. My over all increase has been about $100 total a month for increases in utilities and other odds and ends, I make up for that with increased work. Gas hasn't been a problem I was prepared for it, nothing else increased so no I don't have to increase my prices along with every other company I work with (no increases). My profit margin is a very nice one and I'm very comfortable with it. I don't need a 54" flat screen and a $300,000 mortgage, believe me I would I like too but for now my main focus is to survive the economy and ride it out then jack up my price, :DD

Why? I increase every other year, I can afford to pay another $10 a roll but at some point the increases will have to stop then what? :poke Hanita is broke compared to the others, Johnsons is holding down very well with 15 employees do they increase every year too? Global is a hard company to track but from what I can tell, I think they buy the film from a company in Cleveland or repackage and distribute, :lol6 I need more info before I can figure it out :lol6 Xpel didn't make much but Dap makes a fortune which makes up for the companies short falls. I'm looking up a few more, anyone have a company that they want looked up :dunno

This is absolutely right. There are companies all over the place still selling their products & services at 1990 rates. This is the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen in business aside from a Government that can operate in nothing but debt and still operate. If you are not raising your prices a long with current inflation you will go out of business at the very least and even worse, ruin the marketplace for your fellow professionals. :dunno

I think maybe the prices of the 90'S were too high, they had supply and demand back then but nowadays there is a tinter every few miles, I think the price for the products is just right. If it's gets too expensive people will just not pay for it or go to the hack. Charging more is an old text book way of doing things, look around we are paying for companies thinking this way and it's keeping everyone in business richer while people are getting poorer. Just because your roll went up $10 doesn't mean you should charge $10 more every car every year, isn't that a type of price gouging? So yeah raising $10 every 2 years is fair and very profitable and no I do not agree it will ruin the business or put you out of business if you don't :nope

It might depend on where you are or how you do business but I don't over spend, don't use credit cards and have very little over head, so yeah basically I can afford to live the same way I have the last few years because I know how to budget and how the market in my area works. My over all increase has been about $100 total a month for increases in utilities and other odds and ends, I make up for that with increased work. Gas hasn't been a problem I was prepared for it, nothing else increased so no I don't have to increase my prices along with every other company I work with (no increases). My profit margin is a very nice one and I'm very comfortable with it. I don't need a 54" flat screen and a $300,000 mortgage, believe me I would I like too but for now my main focus is to survive the economy and ride it out then jack up my price, :DD

THis is all well and good, but which way would your customers see in a better light? A gradual increase when costs of goods go up, or a sudden large 'jacking' up of your prices. It is wiser to slowly increase as your expenses go up. $100 / month utilities increase figures to me to be a pretty large loss for the year ($1200 could be a martgage payment). With gas prices increasing by close to 30%, how does one prepare for it? Most people I know are spending close to $30+/week in gas, which figures out to over $1500/year. Just in gas and utilities alone, you could be losing $2700 each year. This is not including other increases(food - up 20-50%, clothing up, etc.) As I stated, many customers would not notice gradual increases, but if the increase were significant all at once, the loss from customers going to competitors due to great increase, would be large. Many in our industry(installers/retailers) have tried to hold the line on price increases, while our costs have risen dramatically. How do we survive when costs will continue to rise, yet we keep our pricing the same. To keep up now, only show that our product and service is worth the price, to hold the line and then jack it up down the road, gives the impression of price gouging all at once. Let me know what you think...... :DD

Archived