Got it!

Guest S and S

Congrats!

Whenever I do a bid where they provide the measurements, I always put on the sheet that my price is based on the figures they provided..... that way if they measure incorrectly, there is never a problem with adjusting the amount due.

-R

That's the way to do it. Another thing is customers are often unclear (sometimes deliberately so) on whether windows are broken into divided lites which take much more time to do. If I'm quoting something I haven't seen I always make it clear I first need to know the number of individual panes being treated.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest S and S
they went with them because they underbid them. then they changed the price.

:dunno

They went with me because I was cheaper but I had also did some smaller jobs on other colleages. And yes the price changed because the square footage changed, but I did tell them up front that that was based on the footage they quoted me and if it was more sq footage then the price would be higher, and they agreed to that, I charged the same per sq ft as I did on the original estimate so they wouldve got the same price per sq if they told me it was 1500 sq ft up front as they did when I actually measured and got 1500 sq. I bid based on the sq that they gave me and was cheaper by about $1500 than 3 other companies, and I charged my regular price per sq even though it is almost 2 hours away. I ALWAYS charge a 50% deposit on jobs and the deposit is gonna buy material, gas, hotel for the night, and pay my help with some left over. Sounds like the other guys way over charged per sq. I didnt charge like 2$ a sq or anything cheap. Why the evil eye with me?!?

Guest S and S
I could care less to be honest with you because you arent my competition but I was just stating what I read. its not an evil eye, however, more of a "did I just read that right" pertaining to your topic

But itsnt that how it goes you submit a estimate along with other competitors ( one in raleigh, one in hickory and one in black mountain) and they do the lowest most the time. I didnt under cut anyone, we all had to submit at the same time, and I was the lowest. I actually overpriced the job by about 50 cent a square because they are 2 hours away, and still got it. Lucky I was! I will post pics when its done.

CONGRATS!!! As long as you got what you wanted that is all that matters. I could use a vacation..need any help...lol I will do a half azzed job and do half of what I promise and skip town after you pay me....lol Just kidding (inside joke) Hope it goes great for you guys!

Spell Check Natzi says "College"

Archived