tint for tat

Trading tattoos for window tinting

Thanks to the Internet, the barter-system is alive and well. Last week on Milwaukee's Craigslist someone posted an ad offering to give someone else a tattoo in exchange for tinted car windows.

Shannon was the guy offering the services so I called him up. He was fairly tight-lipped but said that he occasionally posts ads swapping tattoos for whatever he needs.

Guest Thetintcenter
Thanks to the Internet, the barter-system is alive and well. Last week on Milwaukee's Craigslist someone posted an ad offering to give someone else a tattoo in exchange for tinted car windows.

Shannon was the guy offering the services so I called him up. He was fairly tight-lipped but said that he occasionally posts ads swapping tattoos for whatever he needs.

I posted on CL to have my Camry transported from SC to TX in exchange for Tinting services. All I got was "if you fly me there I will drive it back but I need $$$ for lodging, food, entertainment, blah, blah, blah" :thumb

:thumb couple weeks ago, we did a store front for a new tattoo shop, and my wife wanted a tattoo, her first, so they talked me into paying for it, well, just took it off the balance they owed me

I trade all the time for stuff, my wifes monte carlo is at the shop as we speak getting the ac fixed, and two sensors in the cooling system, in exchange for a r&r on a reg. cab chevy truck

I posted on CL to have my Camry transported from SC to TX in exchange for Tinting services. All I got was "if you fly me there I will drive it back but I need $$$ for lodging, food, entertainment, blah, blah, blah" :thumb

I was going to TX this month, but my health is too questionable, but you wouldn't want that car back after I drove it that far, ask our local thrifty car rental about that new dodge intrepid they last rented me :lol:lol

Actually, I am doing a lot of barter right now. My cash flow this season is going to suck, I have to remodel my house, buy another service truck, and replace 2 motors in vintage cars. I posted a list of items & services I would be willing to trade tint services for, and have a waiting list. :thumb Trades lead to new cash jobs & referrals.

One of my very first barter transactions was for my first (and so far, only) tattoo over 17 years ago. Trade rules, as long as you can keep it fair on both sides.

Will work for food, literally. I traded my services for a tab at a restaurant one time. Tinted the windows on the restaurant and was eating lunch there for like a month and a half. I took my friends to eat as well! :thumb

Archived