Trouble cutting long 80" lines

Using a 24" Graphtec 3000-60 MK2 plotter to cut rocker panel decals. they are 80" in lenght and I'm having a hard time getting the damn things to cut strait. The starting and stopping spots are not matching up, they are anywhere from 1/8" to 1/2 off some times.

I've tried a dozen things from holding the material in place to unrolling the material the whole 80" before cutting, to slowing the plotter down to the slowest speed. Made sure the tension rollers were clean. Made sure the tension on the rollers are nice and snug ( however they may be worn out, I've never replaced them and I've had my plotter for over 2 years). But the damn thing keeps cutting crooked.

The material stand rollers that holds the rolls are only 1/2" round with a thumb screw on each side of the roll. I wish they were like 8" so when the material comes back through the plotter it would stay inside the thumb screws as a guide so the material wouldn't shift.

I seen signwarehouse have these things called end caps that you place inside the roll ends and set onto bushings with thumb screws however they only make them for thier line of cutters. I called graphtec and they don't have anything like what I tried to explain to them.

Does anyone else have trouble keeping material strait on their plotter and have difficulty cutting long rectangles ?

Guest SPEEDFREAK

is your roll of vinyl square to the cutter ??? had a problem with mine when I first got it Also do you see any buckling or distortion od the vinyl when its running threw the machine ? another thing is what is the offset set on your blade setting ?

jeff

is your roll of vinyl square to the cutter ??? had a problem with mine when I first got it Also do you see any buckling or distortion od the vinyl when its running threw the machine ? another thing is what is the offset set on your blade setting ?

jeff

As far as I know.. There is no buckling or distortion. I'm using a 45 Degree blade. The offset is 0.

SPEEDFREAK

Thank you sooo much for that info. I briefly skimmed though that info because I don't have time to troubleshoot it right now, but I will and when I do I'll post what I find out.

Thanks ! :evilgrin :evilgrin

Archived