DIGITINT

Guest Advanced Solar
I guess we can agree to disagree. this was never meant to be a p1ss1ng contest. and by the way I am close to the managment and I know what they pay for the film .I'm not an hourly lot boy it was all disclosed to me before I agreed to take the job. going from self employed to a dealership I wasnt going to loose all control. thank god for contract expirations. Have a blessed day!

Cool! No disrespect meant. :thumb

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, I am affiliated with DigiCut Systems and just wanted to clarify some things that were discussed here in the topic.

Our systems are designed to satisfy our Customer/Client. The system is micro managed and holds the tinter responsible for his actions. Very RARELY is there ever a bad template. We pride ourselves on our templates. If there is a mistake in installation, Installers fault, film defect, or a magical gnome snatches it off the window, you have the option to re-cut and give an explanation for why you are re-cutting. YOU DO NOT NEED MANAGERS OVERIDE TO RE-CUT. I am positive of this especially on the exact system this installer is talking about. The reason for this installers issue in changing the rolls of film is because the dealership ordered those specific rolls. The Software recognizes what is in inventory and will not let you waste film. After all if your a hand cutter, then you have a box of scraps you try to cut with all the time to save film and that takes extra time. If your not then you don't own the business and could care less what overhead is as long as you get paid each week. If the dealer chooses to order all 40" rolls by all means you can make 100% of your cuts on 40's and your waste is higher on certain cuts.

If you are an experienced installer and you hand cut then you probably wont like the system. You will find it obsolete. An old school tinter that is use to not being held accountable, running side jobs through and boosting film wont like the system either, It eliminates all of that. It is in no way designed to slow anyone down. And if you learn to operate it and understand why it wont let you cut then you will find it does not slow you down. Its no different than hand cutting, if you do not understand how or why your bumping the window around while you cut then you will spend all day trying to figure out why you have light leaks. You can bang heads with the system all you want, its designed to make money and as soon as you and the system get in sync everyone makes money.

Last note, by no means dose the system cost 20K. If bought out right the system is expensive. We also lease them very affordable. We back that with unprecedented field support, IT support and account support. DigiCut makes sure the dealer is making money. We are able to monitor the progress of the dealers tint program. At any moment we see that the client is not we come in and either assist them in fixing it or we shake hands and go our separate ways. If this system didn't work and wasn't efficient with time and material, we wouldn't have been doing this for a decade now.

Hope this clarifies how it works and why this installer is having issues.

So exactly where were these guys when the other digi employees were running amuck around here ???

You say the systems don't cost 20k.... but 15k is NOT far off from the mark!

I don't think the installer was 'bashing'.... just informing us of his experience....

Too bad your group can't micro manage your own as well as you do your customers employees....

I have serious problems with the management of DT but over time I can say I am getting over it! :thumb I just don’t like high pressure sales. That said and I no way would buy into the whole system I got to say I really like what Wes used to call and might still call his “in control” software that makes employees accountable for how much film they use. As a business owner and tinter I see thousands of dollars a month wasted in my shop but don’t have the capability to stop it without replacing all my tinters, which I DON’T want to do. I like the guys working for me its just they don’t respect my film IMO……….. rant rant rant :nope

An unfortunate side to this system, as I understand it, it the fact that Digi has information at their disposal on most aspects of your personal business. Since they monitor all film useage and how many of which cars you do each day, this information could be gathered to use against you.(I know TD believes in 'conspiracy theories') :nope From my understanding, the system monitors all vehicles put in the system, which means side or cash jobs become a thing of the past. All vehicles tinted could could be tracked, which leaves 'Big Brother' the opportunity to audit all work performed. :thumb

Guest Beeline
I like reading a post like this .. makes me glad that I have my plotter system : ( a $6 olfa , a 50 pk of stainless steel blades and experience in between my 2 ears ) :hmmm

This is what the dealers here pay me for ..they have no interest in getting involved with the mighty machine..they just want an experienced tinter to do it once, do it right ..and be held accountable if it's not...and they are willing to pay for it . :thumb

COULDN"T AGREE MORE :nope

I have serious problems with the management of DT but over time I can say I am getting over it! :thumb I just don’t like high pressure sales. That said and I no way would buy into the whole system I got to say I really like what Wes used to call and might still call his “in control” software that makes employees accountable for how much film they use. As a business owner and tinter I see thousands of dollars a month wasted in my shop but don’t have the capability to stop it without replacing all my tinters, which I DON’T want to do. I like the guys working for me its just they don’t respect my film IMO……….. rant rant rant :nope

Its still "InControl" just different software and versions. Latest is LeMans 1.2.2. We also have a new inventory control software for our RTH program. It just came out of Beta. I was across the street from your shop the other day. We set up a system at BTL. I thought about stopping in.

I have serious problems with the management of DT but over time I can say I am getting over it! :lol2 I just don’t like high pressure sales. That said and I no way would buy into the whole system I got to say I really like what Wes used to call and might still call his “in control” software that makes employees accountable for how much film they use. As a business owner and tinter I see thousands of dollars a month wasted in my shop but don’t have the capability to stop it without replacing all my tinters, which I DON’T want to do. I like the guys working for me its just they don’t respect my film IMO……….. rant rant rant :thumb

Its still "InControl" just different software and versions. Latest is LeMans 1.2.2. We also have a new inventory control software for our RTH program. It just came out of Beta. I was across the street from your shop the other day. We set up a system at BTL. I thought about stopping in.

:lol2

Good luck with all that!

Maybe I should call over with my bid on that stuff now.....

:thumb

Guest Sunlimited

An old school tinter that is use to not being held accountable, running side jobs through and boosting film wont like the system either, It eliminates all of that.

I was taught by an old school tinter, and although I may be younger, I cant stand plotters, Ive used 2 different systems, I DONT boost film, because I respect my boss, the company I work for and I hate thieves, and I can probably take a 40" roll and have less waste thatn any software on the market.... :evileye <---all with that :cooldot

Archived