DIGITINT

(Quote) They use what ever film they can have made for the best price not quality.... right now I think it is SG in Fla. - Stan

Since this comment has been stated twice in two different posts, I feel I need to set the record straight. Solamatrix (which is the only window film manufacture in FL) does not manufacture any window films for DigiTint.

Bill

yeah their 5% film sucks always stadic...and is cheap...

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest scottydosnntkno
I can't speak on their system or their films, but I can say I have been to a few dealerships that use their system and the cars they have on the lot look like crap. Dirt creases daylight you name it it is there. and not just on a couple windows on a few cars, it is on most the inventory. Digi might have a good system but it doesn't look like they have experienced installers, atleast around here.

Digicut does not haves installers, they train a dealership employee to stick film in only 4 days then let them go on their own!! very rarely is it succesful without bringing in a real tinter and thats why they dont last long at most dealerships.

I didn't mean in the sense that they were actually employed by digi but that they were trained by digi. You just can't train someone in a week or even a month and expect them to put out quality work.

if they were using precut, preshrunk digi kits, assuming their cut correctly, I don't see why you couldn't teach someone to lay the film in that time. Hell, I taught my g/f to slang FG papas with me in about an hour

Well if you would have actually read the post then you would realize that obviously they can't, cause the end product looks like crap.

I know what the post said, which is why I said "if" they have good kits. Good or bad kits its not the installers fault that its a shiatty kit. Again, why I said "IF" it is a decent kit, pre shrunk, you could teach them to install them in a couple days

If a person wants to learn real bad and pays attention they can learn the steps needed to install in a week.... don't have to cut patterns or form much :lolStill going to have to practice and practice :D

Butttt the key words "wants to learn real bad and pays attention" are really important! This business as a whole draws a certain personalty type............well uhhhh..... kinda picky. Auto dealerships training the wash crew usually is a wast of money. If they ever run across the right person and train them, usually they don't want to pay for their skills. As a business owner I think the software is very nice :lol

Cheers

Stan

Amen Brother I used that system for two years all that info is definatly overkill I think it makes dealers feel safer about film being stolen although theres definatly ways around that. They try to sell you on effectiveness and efficiancy but by the time after all the info is logged in you could have tinted two cars had issues with warranty and the new film wouldnt match the old stuff on the car there excuse was always were changing the chemicle process of our film to make it better thats why the color has changed found out later they dont manufacture anything there products are bought by the cheapest company which showed in the quality of there shield and tint. easy for first time installers but quality is definatly an issue. I work on high end cars and was always getting comment about orange peel with shield and peeling of film was always an issue. I never understood why the pay so much attention to plotter software and never on quality of product. we were paying so much money for customer care and plotter pattern upgrades and klike you said dealerships just panned out the money. Bottom line great concept just poorly managed. :cold

Guest JustinP

Alright time to revisit this topic. My boss came to me and asked me to do a little research on Digicut Systems to see how they stack up against Llumar and Precision cut, which what I am currently using and have been for almost 3 years at a good sized dealership. I'm wondering if over the last 2 years if they have cleaned up any of the issues you guys stated. I really like working with Llumar films and dont want to have to go to using some %&$# film. So any new input would be greatly appreciated.

Still the same :beer

Man............ I get tired of everyone in the business claiming they make their own film! Again, as a business owner I think the information digi provides is fantastic! Would I want to pay a tinter to keep up with that info by entering it all before cutting the first pattern........ NO. I don't know about the accuracy of the patterns but the film changing all the time has been a complaint for a long time.

Archived