DIGITINT

I like reading a post like this .. makes me glad that I have my plotter system : ( a $6 olfa , a 50 pk of stainless steel blades and experience in between my 2 ears ) :bs

This is what the dealers here pay me for ..they have no interest in getting involved with the mighty machine..they just want an experienced tinter to do it once, do it right ..and be held accountable if it's not...and they are willing to pay for it . :sign

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest willie
This is what the dealers here pay me for ..they have no interest in getting involved with the mighty machine..they just want an experienced tinter to do it once, do it right ..and be held accountable if it's not...and they are willing to pay for it . :sign

:bs

Guest Advanced Solar

I also use Digitint and don't have the problems he is talking about. The reason to use multi size rolls is to eliminate waste. Most cars use 20" rolls for side windows and 36" rolls for back glass. You have to have 40" rolls for some back glass and 24" for PU truck windows. A dealership tints their own makes so while you have your 20" roll just cut the side windows out then switch to 36" for the rear. Seems really simple.

The reason for scanning the film bar codes is to make sure the tinters are only using legal film and to make sure that film doesn't come up missing.

The reason you have to put in your password is ultimately your the cutter and your responsible for the film. I have owned my own business and somehow usually came up 18 to 23' on rolls.

The film and I mean (any) can be shrank if you have experience and the patience to learn how. Lulu shrinks different than Madcow, etc.

The system doesn't cost anywhere near what your claiming at all.

The patterns fit great and the program actually auto populates the templates for you. If I ever had a problem Digi would send someone out and check the pattern and re-do it immediately.

In conclusion, if a dealership is going to invest money on a system and pay these tinters flat rate pay to tint in their AC'd bays I hope some would agree that managing your bottom line isn't such a bad idea. Using multi size rolls you actually save 16 to 18% on waste.

I also use Digitint and don't have the problems he is talking about. The reason to use multi size rolls is to eliminate waste. Most cars use 20" rolls for side windows and 36" rolls for back glass. You have to have 40" rolls for some back glass and 24" for PU truck windows. A dealership tints their own makes so while you have your 20" roll just cut the side windows out then switch to 36" for the rear. Seems really simple.

The reason for scanning the film bar codes is to make sure the tinters are only using legal film and to make sure that film doesn't come up missing.

The reason you have to put in your password is ultimately your the cutter and your responsible for the film. I have owned my own business and somehow usually came up 18 to 23' on rolls.

The film and I mean (any) can be shrank if you have experience and the patience to learn how. Lulu shrinks different than Madcow, etc.

The system doesn't cost anywhere near what your claiming at all.

The patterns fit great and the program actually auto populates the templates for you. If I ever had a problem Digi would send someone out and check the pattern and re-do it immediately.

In conclusion, if a dealership is going to invest money on a system and pay these tinters flat rate pay to tint in their AC'd bays I hope some would agree that managing your bottom line isn't such a bad idea. Using multi size rolls you actually save 16 to 18% on waste.

good point... about the bottom line. I can see if I had a lot full of Corollas to tint why this system would save

on waste and return a profit for the dealer. I agree that every brand of film has to be mastered with patience & the will to learn.

Guest Advanced Solar
while on this topic how is the 08 Vette patterns cut on this system mainly the doors. :thumb

The width is only 31.7" and the length is 52.1" so this would be cut on a 36" roll allowing enough extra tint to shrink or if you want to, you can also use a 40" roll.

post-22364-1213359964.png

im not trying to direspect the dealership for getting the system and yes it did cost what I said it did cause I saw the invoice. but the experienced tinter is way more efficient on multiple car lines than this cutter system. any one who doesn't agree must have a connection to digi. huh advanced? I have friends who work for them so I kinda knew what to expect. the biggest problem here at my dealerships is parts dont want to stock all the required film. which here is 20, 24, 30, 36, and 40 in rolls. thats how they (digicut) set it up in the preferences. only they can change it and whats those odds?

Guest Advanced Solar
im not trying to direspect the dealership for getting the system and yes it did cost what I said it did cause I saw the invoice. but the experienced tinter is way more efficient on multiple car lines than this cutter system. any one who doesn't agree must have a connection to digi. huh advanced? I have friends who work for them so I kinda knew what to expect. the biggest problem here at my dealerships is parts dont want to stock all the required film. which here is 20, 24, 30, 36, and 40 in rolls. thats how they (digicut) set it up in the preferences. only they can change it and whats those odds?

No I'm not connected to Digi other than using there products. You said and I quote "The system has to cost atleast 15 to 20 grand up front." C'mon, this statement is a guess and then you say you saw the invoice. So to get this straight... you just moved there and you are so close to the managers that they just went ahead and showed you the invoice. WOW you must be THE MAN.

Seriously, I have been at the same dealership for 5 years and I know everyone at Digi so please stop talking smack about things you have no idea about. Some things you are saying may be interpreted as slander so quit while you think your ahead and learn how to shrink other peoples tint.

I guess we can agree to disagree. this was never meant to be a p1ss1ng contest. and by the way I am close to the managment and I know what they pay for the film .I'm not an hourly lot boy it was all disclosed to me before I agreed to take the job. going from self employed to a dealership I wasnt going to loose all control. thank god for contract expirations. Have a blessed day!

Archived