DIGITINT

I have serious problems with the management of DT but over time I can say I am getting over it! :cooldot I just don’t like high pressure sales. That said and I no way would buy into the whole system I got to say I really like what Wes used to call and might still call his “in control” software that makes employees accountable for how much film they use. As a business owner and tinter I see thousands of dollars a month wasted in my shop but don’t have the capability to stop it without replacing all my tinters, which I DON’T want to do. I like the guys working for me its just they don’t respect my film IMO……….. rant rant rant :evileye

Its still "InControl" just different software and versions. Latest is LeMans 1.2.2. We also have a new inventory control software for our RTH program. It just came out of Beta. I was across the street from your shop the other day. We set up a system at BTL. I thought about stopping in.

Kool stop by when you guys come to pick up the machinery :dunno I hope I can put them out but who knows they should just buy me out with all thier money!!! For reals come see me if you are here again :cooldot

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest maddtinter

What bramd of film is DC offering?Who makes the s##T?I lost an account to these fools setting up their machine at a dealership.Onething is for sure the can get the tint on but when they become challenged by something that takes true experience then my phone rings.Thanks DC now make your own film , so what happens with warranty issues down the road.If you look at the big picture do you/they have the capital to handle film failures?A true tinter knows that ALL film fails.It is how our suppliers/manufacturers handle these situations.Just curious when the plotter is cutting film how does it inspect the film;dirt or distortion?

Guest VaTinterPMan

Bringing this post back from the dead,

Just reading it got me to thinking and wanted to ask ?'s. How is this system still working? They come pick up the system stan? :lol And what film is it they truly use? And the pics in the other post where there film wasn't even in FL sun for 2 years and looked like :tw.

Is this Digitint Company really taking that much money away from tint shops? Haven't heard of them up here in VA, But Raleigh isn't to far away. 3.5 hours. Sister lives there. Ill be sure to tell her not to get her new car tinted there!

So I moved to the carolinas a short time ago to work for a new car dealership chain that had bought a new digitint system last year. I interviewed with them and after much thought decided to take the job. It has a set salary but I can make much more, benefits and paid relocation from up north. I have grown tired of never knowing day to day what im bringing home to the family.

Long story short I know theres been alot of questions concerning their program so here it is in a nut shell. they target new auto dealers because they are so quick to overpay for things that will supposedly increase the bottom line. The system has to cost atleast 15 to 20 grand up front. they require you to stock 20, 24, 30,36, and 40 in rolls of each shade that you install as well as those shades in the other line of film. they have a metal and a dyed ceramic.

both lines are extremely hard to shrink without a ton of high heat and then they burn real quick if you linger to long in one spot.The cutter program isnt too bad as far as patterns fitting but the process to get them sucks. It is completely micro managed.

You start by getting the car. then the ro#. then you set the machine to accept the vin # that you scan off the door. it reads and loads all the patterns listed for it. then you pick the window the shade of film and what size roll to use. If it is a !llegal shade 0r the wrong size roll it will not cut and you need a managers code to overide. Which is a pain when the manager is always busy.So once you get that done you load the required size to cut the windows. most of the time you have to change the roll 2 or 3 times per car . finally you get the patterns ,weed them and put them on or shrink them first if needed.

If for some reason the tint pattern is wrong, dont fit or has a problem and you need to recut it. you have to re-enter your code pick the reason for a new piece and get a manager to override. If you dont folow everystep forget about getting it done.

I would guess I loose at least 15 to 30 minutes a car by using the machine. They teach not to use razor knives or razor blades. clean only with scotchbrites. The system could be user friendly if they had used the smarts of a real tinter to fine tune. I can see why most dealerships fail with in house tinting when they try to take a beginner and teach them how to tint and use a complex system to do it. To me it is a double edged sword for failure.

Also with their ppf you have to stock 12, 18, 24, and 36 in rolls. and you can only cut what fits the rolls so you constantly change them on the plotter also.If it were my money I would either geta regular plotter system that only requires one size of film to stock or just hand cut period and keep the craft alive.But its not and I have a family to support so I will deal with the daily B.S.

It is also my personal opinion that the film is some sort of global qdp knock off. it has issues but I wont go there right now. Just passing along some info for the curious.pm me if you have any questions.

I thought you have carry 24",32" and 12" rolls of PPF...

So I moved to the carolinas a short time ago to work for a new car dealership chain that had bought a new digitint system last year. I interviewed with them and after much thought decided to take the job. It has a set salary but I can make much more, benefits and paid relocation from up north. I have grown tired of never knowing day to day what im bringing home to the family.

Long story short I know theres been alot of questions concerning their program so here it is in a nut shell. they target new auto dealers because they are so quick to overpay for things that will supposedly increase the bottom line. The system has to cost atleast 15 to 20 grand up front. they require you to stock 20, 24, 30,36, and 40 in rolls of each shade that you install as well as those shades in the other line of film. they have a metal and a dyed ceramic.

both lines are extremely hard to shrink without a ton of high heat and then they burn real quick if you linger to long in one spot.The cutter program isnt too bad as far as patterns fitting but the process to get them sucks. It is completely micro managed.

You start by getting the car. then the ro#. then you set the machine to accept the vin # that you scan off the door. it reads and loads all the patterns listed for it. then you pick the window the shade of film and what size roll to use. If it is a !llegal shade 0r the wrong size roll it will not cut and you need a managers code to overide. Which is a pain when the manager is always busy.So once you get that done you load the required size to cut the windows. most of the time you have to change the roll 2 or 3 times per car . finally you get the patterns ,weed them and put them on or shrink them first if needed.

If for some reason the tint pattern is wrong, dont fit or has a problem and you need to recut it. you have to re-enter your code pick the reason for a new piece and get a manager to override. If you dont folow everystep forget about getting it done.

I would guess I loose at least 15 to 30 minutes a car by using the machine. They teach not to use razor knives or razor blades. clean only with scotchbrites. The system could be user friendly if they had used the smarts of a real tinter to fine tune. I can see why most dealerships fail with in house tinting when they try to take a beginner and teach them how to tint and use a complex system to do it. To me it is a double edged sword for failure.

Also with their ppf you have to stock 12, 18, 24, and 36 in rolls. and you can only cut what fits the rolls so you constantly change them on the plotter also.If it were my money I would either geta regular plotter system that only requires one size of film to stock or just hand cut period and keep the craft alive.But its not and I have a family to support so I will deal with the daily B.S.

It is also my personal opinion that the film is some sort of global qdp knock off. it has issues but I wont go there right now. Just passing along some info for the curious.pm me if you have any questions.

I thought you have carry 24",32" and 12" rolls of PPF...

Guest scottydosnntkno
I wonder how log the ROI is for a shop that does a 100 cars a month? And how do you factor in the cost of the film?

well 100 cars a month, times 12 is 1200 cars, so take 20k/1200 and its like what $16 per car, just for the system, not counting materials. And is there any monthly fee or per cut fee on top of that?

but if its for a dealer, that would be a big dealer to just move 100 cars a month, let alone tint 100 of the ones they sold.

Bringing this post back from the dead,

Just reading it got me to thinking and wanted to ask ?'s. How is this system still working? They come pick up the system stan? :bs And what film is it they truly use? And the pics in the other post where there film wasn't even in FL sun for 2 years and looked like :lol.

Is this Digitint Company really taking that much money away from tint shops? Haven't heard of them up here in VA, But Raleigh isn't to far away. 3.5 hours. Sister lives there. Ill be sure to tell her not to get her new car tinted there!

They came and picked up the system along time ago and the dealership hired a tinter I fired. :lol so they are still doing POS tint jobs. They use what ever film they can have made for the best price not quality.... right now I think it is SG in Fla. Most of the dealerships don't last long from what I understand. A bird told me they almost went belly up last year but screwed enough employees to stay in business for now. You can only do business this way so long before it catches up to ya. :bs

Hi Wes :lol

Guest untouchable

This company has got a lot of big dealers here in Utah this past year. The rep in this area has been with other manufacturers in our area so he knows a lot of people here. It has taken a lot of work from shops here. Part of the pitch is you can train a lot tech in a week. :lol

(Quote) They use what ever film they can have made for the best price not quality.... right now I think it is SG in Fla. - Stan

Since this comment has been stated twice in two different posts, I feel I need to set the record straight. Solamatrix (which is the only window film manufacture in FL) does not manufacture any window films for DigiTint.

Bill

Archived