French Panel

Hey im bidding a large job thats ALL 10"X12" and 8"X10" french panels. Im trying to figure out how to price this job. If I can hang @ 300-350 sq/day in an average home and 600+ on large window commercial jobs, what would be a resonable estimated panels per day. is 10-12 panes/ hour crazy talk. what would you charge labor only? Where using panorama slate 50 or Hilite 70.

My average per pane price is $8-12 per

:shock price is right. the amount of panes per hour depends on frame style , caulking on panes , what kind of tolerance your going to run.

if the frames are consistent , its nice to plot them , or pay to have someone plot them.

:shock losing money???? how much is highlite sq.ft.

Guest vclimber

:shock price is right. the amount of panes per hour depends on frame style , caulking on panes , what kind of tolerance your going to run.

if the frames are consistent , its nice to plot them , or pay to have someone plot them.

Too much. Plus if the unanswered questions that you raised are worse case scenario then he is bidding too low -imo.

Look guys, gas is up, materials are up, vehicle expenses are up, cost of living and doing business is up. Prices need to rise with this, not stay the way they were 8 yrs ago. :shock

Too much. Plus if the unanswered questions that you raised are worse case scenario then he is bidding too low -imo.

Look guys, gas is up, materials are up, vehicle expenses are up, cost of living and doing business is up. Prices need to rise with this, not stay the way they were 8 yrs ago. :shock

Johnny, 10-12 per hour is not out of the question, especially if your crew is out doing them. Get a paper cutter (im me and I will tell you the one I use) and pre cut them. I did one recently and was doing 12 - 16 / hr. Clean 3 or 4 and install all at the same time.

:thumb price is right. the amount of panes per hour depends on frame style , caulking on panes , what kind of tolerance your going to run.

:thumb losing money???? how much is highlite sq.ft.

Look guys, gas is up, materials are up, vehicle expenses are up, cost of living and doing business is up. Prices need to rise with this, not stay the way they were 8 yrs ago. :thumb

hey V :lol2

That is the way it should be I agree , I just walked away from 7,500 fp's ,they wanted frost film , had 6-7 bids already and the guy tells me his best was

35,000 . no way ,no how :twocents not me. 500 doors!!!!! middle of June

but thats what a lot of us are up against comm. and res. Sorry to say but I hope the guy whos doing the job ties himself on the job for a while,

keep him out of the field

Guest vclimber

:thumb price is right. the amount of panes per hour depends on frame style , caulking on panes , what kind of tolerance your going to run.

:lol2 losing money???? how much is highlite sq.ft.

Look guys, gas is up, materials are up, vehicle expenses are up, cost of living and doing business is up. Prices need to rise with this, not stay the way they were 8 yrs ago. :twocents

hey V :thumb

That is the way it should be I agree , I just walked away from 7,500 fp's ,they wanted frost film , had 6-7 bids already and the guy tells me his best was

35,000 . no way ,no how :lol2 not me. 500 doors!!!!! middle of June

but thats what a lot of us are up against comm. and res. Sorry to say but I hope the guy whos doing the job ties himself on the job for a while,

:thumb HG I hear ya, same stuff happens out here. I've never seen so many foolish people in one industry before just eroding the market out from under themselves and everyone else. Sad to say that a few of them are members on this site. I kind look at doing business like a National Geographic show where all the blood gets dumped in the water to attract the sharks. Once they all arrive, I go fish somewhere else.

:tinttank: price is right. the amount of panes per hour depends on frame style , caulking on panes , what kind of tolerance your going to run.

:hmmm losing money???? how much is highlite sq.ft.

Look guys, gas is up, materials are up, vehicle expenses are up, cost of living and doing business is up. Prices need to rise with this, not stay the way they were 8 yrs ago. :tinttank:

hey V :thumb

35,000 . no way ,no how :thumb not me. 500 doors!!!!! middle of June

Now that price IS ridiculous. Thats less than $5 / Pane. Let that chopnut have it. Even at an average of 20/ hour, thats over 46 days on the job. If ya hire a schmuck to just go and do it for a couple of months, then it may be worth it, but to put ones self off the market that long, NFW......

Archived