'98 4runner

Guest Clemsonfan15

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Clemsonfan15

Ok man. I'll probably give you a call later. It looks like that 35% offers almost no advantage over my stock glass. I think I really need to just go to my local shop and look at some of the cars there and decide what I want to do.

Guest nc_wlch
Ok man. I'll probably give you a call later. It looks like that 35% offers almost no advantage over my stock glass. I think I really need to just go to my local shop and look at some of the cars there and decide what I want to do.

its going to reject heat and block uv better than the stock glass. darker films don't necessarily do any better in that regard. keep it legal man!

Guest Clemsonfan15

Yes you are correct in that aspect. I don't want to pay $50-$70 just to get some heat reduction though. I want them to be darker so I can have some more security. I have a good bit invested into my stereo.

I've noticed that cars that have all windows tinted look at lot darker inside if you view them headon. So is it true that the inside gets a lot darker by just tinting the front two?

Guest Clemsonfan15

I just read up on the laws again for my state and it says 27% all the way around. So if my stock are around 20% then they are already !llegal.

Right now I'm leaning towards going for matching stock or darker. If it is possible to match stock I would probably get that over 20%.

Did you read my post? Answered at least 2 of your questions......

20% can be a bit hard to see out of at night....rain will make it worse....would you drive around looking out of dark sunglasses? That is about the same. Every film company has different lines of film that vary in darkness and color. To get "exactly 28%" is going to take about a 40% film. Factory front windows are already around 70%!

Now, your questions....answered

Guest Clemsonfan15
Did you read my post? Answered at least 2 of your questions......

20% can be a bit hard to see out of at night....rain will make it worse....would you drive around looking out of dark sunglasses? That is about the same. Every film company has different lines of film that vary in darkness and color. To get "exactly 28%" is going to take about a 40% film. Factory front windows are already around 70%!

Now, your questions....answered

Cool. I DID read your first post, but it only covered a couple of the questions. Thanks for answering the rest.

Archived