Dodge Avenger/ Dodge side seals

mustangdroptop96

Hey guys I just tinted a Dodge avenger today the back window was a very easy one peice installation no problems there but the sides are a nightmare. Between Avengers and its bigger brother the Charger I hate these cars side windows. I wasted a few pieces of film before I figured out how to pull the bottom scraper sheild. Come to find the bottom scraper film was not the problem its the side felt strips. I noticed on this car as well as other dodges/jeep products, they make it nearly impossible to tuck film behind it without creasing it!! any tips or tricks on these cars? I thought about pulling the whole seal but they are such a pain to fish back in there and get back on that it was almost not worth it to me. I finally got the car looking good but MAN it took me 4 hours for a car that SHOULD take an hour and 1/2. One thing I did try that didnt help to much, was I lay the film on the outside, do my left side cuts, and my right side cuts then squeegee and heat shrink the fingers at the bottom. roll down the window and cut my factory edge. I then transfer my rough template to the glass on the wall for clean up cuts, but I even tried cutting off 1/4 inch off each side thinking it could tuck back there easier and I could blackout tape the rest which is what I did. But to me that is not a good clean job HELP! ;) And be nice to me, you always have to rip on me on my posts =(

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just did one last night. I pulled the bottom seals out and taped the felt. The trick to not getting those kinks on the side is how you manuver the film in. Fold the film tword the window on the side instead of away and you wont get any kinks.

My example makes sense to me but must sound totally retarded to anyone reading this. :twocents

Guest nc_wlch

I usually don't even tape or take out the bottoms and these cars always go pretty smoothly for me. the most difficult part for me is not stealing the brand new srts that come in! :twocents

Guest nc_wlch

I suppose its because I generally only get chargers and avengers straight off the truck from the dealer. with hardly any miles on them, I make a quick pass with my heat gun to lay down any strays and they come out perfect every time. other than ford pickups, I really dont have to tape very often.

Archived