Dodge Avenger/ Dodge side seals

mustangdroptop96

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest OnTheDarkside

ya, those side strips are a nightmare!...They are tight as tight can be, and if you pull them they DO NOT go back in without pulling the door panel off to fishem back in there.....Terrible design!

I cant see how u pros tape the side felts either, way too tight for that IMO, the film is hard enouph to get in there, never mind throwing tape into the equasion.

One car I'd love to master, but hope I never get again....Dodge needs to get away from this design...

my two cents

Guest OnTheDarkside
you don't tape the sides when the glass is UP.....

And I have not had any issues getting the seals back in with out taking the door panel off....

Hmm, question, why would you need to tape them when the window is down then?

And regarding the seals, the canadian version must be different because the 08 avenger I had absolutely will not go back in there with the door panel on. Which sucked :dunno

roll window down, tape felts, roll window back up, clean window, position film, cut film, squeegee clean window again, install film, remove tape, final clean window, re-install sweep if removed......

no need to tuck tape with window up....

Guest OnTheDarkside
roll window down, tape felts, roll window back up, clean window, position film, cut film, squeegee clean window again, install film, remove tape, final clean window, re-install sweep if removed......

no need to tuck tape with window up....

Ah yes, that way does make sense, taping the felt when the window is down then rolling it up......But Im saying that the 08 Avenger I did the other day, it was tight as hell without the felts taped, I cant imagine the film sliding in there with tape on the felts...Then again, maybe ur using a thin tape...I use green painters tape, which is quite thick....

Archived