tip for drumming up some business

A friend of mine owns a big car wash and he and I were kicking that same idea around the other day.

We wern't going to raise prices to offset the cost, but just try to get people in the door and try to sell them on upgraded services...

If they bite, good, if not at least you got them in the door.... :thumb

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest FilmBlazer
Very tempting, all you have to do is raise your prices buy $20 when offering the gas cards :beer
thats what I say it ends up not costing you a thing and the customer thinks there getting free gas!!

Kinda shady way of doing things IMO . I've done the reverse in respects to the rising cost of gas..my cost of running a business and living has gone up since prices of gas and grain have increased so I charge more like the rest of the world has to ...if business drops a bit because of it, so be it ..at least I'm not losing $$$ ,just making the same but working less , if you stay as busy, congrats..you just now kept up with inflation and no worries of keeping the open sign lit.

To each his/her own ..what ever keeps you in business :DD

There is not a single shady thing about that tactic. It is used in one shape or form in nearly every type of sales. Its business. :beer

I like the idea too!!! You could offer the gas card when they buy your premium film! If your getting 200+ for your premium film, its a good sale presentation and it is a tax write off as tintzeus said! It would get people talking about your shop giving them somethingt back!!! I think it's a great idea!!

Guest tintbarbie

I think it's a great idea even if you don't raise the price. We have done 10% off coupons before to get business, about the same price difference except it sounds like your getting more. People are super emo about gas prices so getting free gas will get them talking. Gas prices are a daily part of conversation almost everywhere. A good tint job and free gas could be the ticket to get word of mouth out and people admiring your work.

Archived