2000 trans am

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest vincetints

Sounds like you get it shrunk okay. Try using a longer squeegee on the install. Get it down to where it won't stick on the bottom corners, then use one motion from the top to the bottom to stick it. It helps to hold the film down at the point where you start. It also helps to just barely go past the black. You want just enough to not show any light.

If you still have trouble, use a little heat and slowly card it out like above.

I think it's the '94s that give me a problem every time. Something about that year Camaro/Firebird.

Guest vincetints

Forgot to mention that if you get it shrunk and it looks like it should lay down but won't, go ahead and give it a shot on the inside. It usually lays down for me.

Guest tdmillet

if your having a problem getting it to stick right before you install heat the window with your heat gun. they put the tint on it will set up right away with no problems. :shock

I wet shrink them...a few fingers at the top, then I shrink the BUBBLE in the center of the bottom.I've only had one eat my lunch.It was a 2000 T/A that had the back glass replaced. You could see the strange curve. it didnt help that it was on 9-11-01 and the trade center was about to collapse.I was shook up over the attack on US soil. The guy left it over night...the next morning it fell in there! :thumb No problems since.

it IS 2 2000 trans am and the car has been WRECKED so im assuming the back glass HAS been replaced. the compound curve goes along the whole bottom from side to side. im assuming its just the aftermarket back glass and its gunna kick me in the arse!

Archived