04 mazda3

Guest windsheild wizard

Guest Blade
The blue one you've got a pic of, is the blue very shiny and nearly purple? I'm probably going to lean toward the standard tint, but would like to see a pic of the blue if you've got one.

It's the purple lookin' one. I figured you disappeared so I didn't post it. I'll have to do it when I get home tonight. So...check back in about...oh.....12 hours. :beer

Re the Mazda 3.........I have done one recently and the owner rang me to advise that the automatic feature (finger off...shuts by itself) on his electric power window master switch refused to work in the up and down mode.

It would however go up and down normally but not on full auto mode. :spank

Although I did pull the trims off, I didn't do anything untoward to stuff this movement up. I couldn't provide a clue and it had me tossed. The switch gear just marries into a male/female connection and there is no big deal about it.

I suggested to take it in to Mazda on his first service and get them to fix it under warranty.

Well it turns out that he did exactly this and Mazda knew all about this problem. :music All they did was to reprogram the computer in the car and all is working perfectly again.

So the warning here is don't get sucked in to replacing a potential switch gear when it may be no fault of your own.

Hope this tip may help another tinter out and save on a costly repair.

Devil

Guest Rockabilly
Re the Mazda 3.........I have done one recently and the owner rang me to advise that the automatic feature (finger off...shuts by itself) on his electric power window master switch refused to work in the up and down mode.

Well it turns out that he did exactly this and Mazda knew all about this problem. :beer  All they did was to reprogram the computer in the car and all is working perfectly again.

Hope this tip may help another tinter out and save on a costly repair.

Devil

To "reprogram" the window computer you just need to...

Press the button to lower the window, and hold the button until the window is all the way down. Then count to three and release the button.

Press the button to put the window back up, and hold the button till the window is fully up, and hold it for another 3 seconds.

This should "reset" the gizmo and it will work in "auto" mode.

Archived