Winter Months

Guest mattgribble09

Guest mattgribble09

I am sure that there are other topics about this but do people who tint in the northern or even southern states slow down immensely in the winter. I am trying to move my shop to a larger city in Michigan but I am almost thinking that business will be to slow to even make it in the winter and I am better off moving south or west. Also are we allowed to discuss salary on the forum???

Guest mattgribble09

Probably towards the outerskirts of Detroit, such as Rochester Hills, Sterling Heights, Novi, etc. Somewhere where the population exceeds 10,000!!! I would really like to have a very luxury shop. Where I worked downsouth in Florida at the Car Wash, that guy had the nicest carwash in the state and nice things attract nice people who are willing to pay for a good job.

Guest filmslayer

I was born and raised in Waterford, I know there's a couple good tinters there .Rochester Hills would be a great place alot of $$$$ there but cost a building would be high...

Are you in Mich already??

I've been up near Saginaw tinting for two years. Movin out west for a diff career since graduating. I used to go down to Sterling Heights a couple times a month to tint down there for folks, good money. Will (Want2modmygt) is in the Oakland area and does well. Winter is slower for the biz up here, I make do but the 1st year was tough. After that word of mouth took care of me. :lock

Come to where I'm leaving, there is a HUGE empty market up here now I'm gone

Archived