08 BMW 328xi F/bumper

Guest Josh @ Proform
I have done plenty E92 body coupes..but not this 4dr which has a different cover. what is the prerfered tack point for this design for best results. Grille to wheel well or reverse?

Which film and who's design?

Our design you can do both ways in avery...in 3m I think most folks are starting at the grille, then tacking the top area of the tire well and stretching down to the bottom of the tire well side.

Guest drwest

Hey Lorenzo-

Haven't done it with C/S but pretty much all of the other films and it can be done both ways with X/P pattern. I prefer grille to wheel well just cuz I am used to that way but at the install competition at the XPel conference this was the bumper we had and I did it the opposite way with good success as well. If you do go grille to wheel well, stretch out to the wheel well with your hand near the wheel well about mid section and then spread apart to pull out the finger it creates at the wheel well. Not sure if that makes sense. I think Xpel has a video of this one too. I'm sure it will be a piece of cake after all those custom rear bumpers you do! :thumb

Cheers-

Chris

Hey Lorenzo-

Haven't done it with C/S but pretty much all of the other films and it can be done both ways with X/P pattern. I prefer grille to wheel well just cuz I am used to that way but at the install competition at the XPel conference this was the bumper we had and I did it the opposite way with good success as well. If you do go grille to wheel well, stretch out to the wheel well with your hand near the wheel well about mid section and then spread apart to pull out the finger it creates at the wheel well. Not sure if that makes sense. I think Xpel has a video of this one too. I'm sure it will be a piece of cake after all those custom rear bumpers you do! :lol

Cheers-

Chris

I heard it was the bumper at the 07 SEMA X/P competition....so it must be crafty design precut.There is a PPF first time for every car and the base e90 is only common for tint installs. The M3 was a text book install were a P/F design did the trick.... thanks for the tip :beer

Archived