I got a problem with customer requirements

Hi,

I got this j*ck*ss customer who wants a tint for his old mitsubishi lancer... its a 2000 mx to be exact. in terms of law, there is no such law here in my place about tinting - you can put any kind of tint you want. here are his requirements

1 full window tint for all glasses and that includes front and back

2 tint shade should be the same for all glasses

3 when inside the car, tint shouldn't show a reflection of the dashboard

4 tint does not turn purple

5 tint does not fade (duh?)

6 highest repulsion of heat from the sun (understandable since we are in a tropical country)

7 dark enough so as even a silhouette can't be seen from the outside even in direct sunlight at any angle (I think he's a maniac of some sort)

8 dark film that will give a good visibility at night (this is where I felt like asking him are you dumb or what)

requirements 1, and 2 can be easily acheved.

requirments 4, 5, and 6 are somehow dependent on the film and the environment, but newer films can resist fading right (but not absolutely)?

requirements 3, 7, and 8 somehow puzzled me specially number 7. is there really a film like this one?

currently what I have is 3m cs, 3m bc, and solargard quantum hp. currently and unfortunately these are the only films available for me to install.

if you were in my shoe, do you think solargard quantum hp 14 is the best for this d*mb*ss? I chose this one because 3m bc reflects dashboard when inside right? 3m cs repels lesser heat than solargard quantum hp (by the specs) right?

You can not find a film that will achieve all of his requirements! For example, you can not have a very dark film and see well at night! Simply explain to this person that you can't achieve all of his expectations with any film. Then simply explain to him why not, and have him figure out what is more important to him and go from there. If he does not want to hear it, then send him down the road. No sence in trying to make the impossible happen!

You can not find a film that will achieve all of his requirements! For example, you can not have a very dark film and see well at night! Simply explain to this person that you can't achieve all of his expectations with any film. Then simply explain to him why not, and have him figure out what is more important to him and go from there. If he does not want to hear it, then send him down the road. No sence in trying to make the impossible happen!

I've told him that. he just loves my installation :P

anyway, do you think the hp quantum 14 is the best compromise for him?

If you absolutely need the job, reiterate to him that there is no film in existance that meets his needs and he has to chose what is most important. If he cannot, which many people cannot, tell him there is no way you can meet his expectations and tell him you will not do the work, since you know he will not be satisfied when you are done and your reputation is on the line. You can't please everyone, so let another shop install it and get the bad rep for it!

Guest bobthe titnter

Glue the darkest pair of sunglasses on his stupid head and kick his fat ass out the door. I'm sick of d1ckheads like that, what planet do they come from. :thumb

Archived