Would rental agencies be interested???

I just got back from the beach.... we stayed in this house a couple years ago.. and I thought about tinting the windows. This past week when we were there again I was thinking about it again... They really should have at least some of the windows done.. they have an arch above the kitchen sink that has terrible afternoon sun and blinds anyone in the living room... and other windows around the house.

So what I was thinking was contacting the rental company and ask if they would want to do a trade - tinting the house for free (or reduced) lodging.

I just don't know if they would even be interested in something like that.

Has anyone tried that approach??

At the very least I know it would cut down on the a/c... the third floor - which is the main living area, never cools down in the afternoon unless we had the a/c set to like 68 all night... between it being on the 3rd floor, the kitchen right there being used to cook meals, and people... it generally stayed around 74-75 every afternoon.

Unfortunately, Roach, they can't see the benefit over the price. I approached a few rental agencies in RI about htis same thing. All informed me that they worked for the owners of the space(timeshare, condo, home owners) and did not have control over such things, only normal repairs and maintenance. This would leave trying to find the actual owners of each unit. A tough task. I would say give it a try, if you want, but don't get youre hopes too high.

Archived